Tubular Breasts, Lift and Augmentation Options

Dear experts, I would like to know what type of operation methods you would pick for this type of breast. I assume these are tubular as there is a wide gap between, the areola is that huge and as there is only little space between the areola and the crease of the breast.

Is it possible to breastfeed with such breasts in the first place and if yes will it be possible after an operation? Also, can implants be placed so that it doesnt show, even with so little own tissue? Thank you very much!

Tubular breast lift and augmentation options.

+3

Hi Timian. Let's start with the easy answers first: Breast feeding is possible in about half of women who try, regardless of breast size or type. After breast augmentation (and/or lift), the statistics remain about the same, so this should not enter into a decision to undergo surgery. Whatever breastfeeding capability you have now, you should retain after breast surgery.

As to breast implants that don't "show," it appears that your breast anatomy would be best served by a full Wise mastopexy ("anchor" breast lift) plus submuscular silicone (smooth, round) cohesive gel implants. You will not be able to have large implants, and the optimal size will be determined by your size goals combined with your anatomic measurements after (or at the same time as) breast lift. Some surgeons recommend separating the lift procedure and a later breast augmentation, and this may actually be a good plan with your own particular anatomic situation, particularly if you want enlargement to a bigger size than may be possible with a single stage procedure.

Thus, we have also answered your first question: your tubular breast anatomy, large areolas, and wide cleavage will best be addressed by a full Wise mastopexy. Breast augmentation will then be performed to achieve as close to your desired size as your anatomy and lifted breasts safely allow! See the link below for a similar case treated this way. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/photogallery/breast-lift-plus-augmentation-5861/case-1-21539

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

A beautifully natural appearing solution for tuberous (tubular) breasts

+2

While breast augmentation is unlikely to affect your ability to breast feed, your chances stand at less than 50% to completely suport an infant on breast milk.    I hope this helps!

All the best!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/blog/2011/10/tuberous-breasts-and-aesthetic-augmentation-small-narrow-breaststhere-is-a-solution/

+2

Yes there are many options. For me I recommend a 2 or 3 staged approach. I would start with tubular release and placement of adjustable implants subpectoral. Allow for expansion and than surgical adjustments in stage 2. And final adjustments in stage 3 if needed. 

Options for tubular breast

+2

Regarding the type of surgery,  i would recommend augmentation with silicone gel breast implants placed under the muscle and vertical breast lift. This would prevent the areolar stretching after surgery. The size of the implant is determined at the time of your consultation and is based on your breast and chest wall measurements. in general the bigger the implant the more likely you will have unnatural look.

As for breastfeeding  about fifty to sixty percent of women will be able to breast feed after surgery.

Tubular Breasts

+2

Based on the photos you provided, you do have tubular breasts.  In such cases, some surgeons prefer to do an operation where the breast is expanded by some internal maneuvers and subsequent expansions to create a proper space for a subsequent augmenation with areolar reduction or some type of mastopexy or breast lift.

Other surgeons may prefer to do all of it at one time. This will have to be discussed with you in detail after a proper examination and discussion of your goals.

As for breast feeding, the statistics show that it is possible to breast feed after breast surgery.  If you are planning on gettiing pregnant and breast feed sometime soon, then you may notice a change in the size of your breasts.  If so, then it may also be worth considering waiting until you are done with pregnancy and breast feeding to see how your breasts look and then decide on a proper operative plan.

Good Luck

Plantation Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

+1
Unfortunately without high quality photos and a through in person physical exam along with a long discussion about your desires it is hard to give great information on the internet and you should see an in person exam with a board certified surgeon

Breast implants, mastopexy and treatment of constricted breasts

+1

Timian;

Thank you for your questions.  You are correct in that you have tubular (constricted) breasts.  The best treatment for this condition is a periareolar breast lift at which time the breast tissue is 'scored' to allow it to spread out over the implant along with a insertion of breast implants. I prefer to put the implants under the muscle and use a slightly larger implant.  You will still have a wide space between your breasts but it should be better than what you started with.  It is possible to breast feed with tubular breasts but that is not a guarantee.  Putting in breast implants and scoring the breast tissue may reduce you mild production to some degree but it is possible that you will have no problems with it.  Good luck with your surgery.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding is possible now but might be affected after surgery

+1

Using your photos a good surgical plan might include the following:

1. Lowering your inframammary fold
  2. Areolar reduction with periareolar incisional access for implant placement
  3. Releasing the breast tissue so that it spreads and redistrubutes evenly around the implant
  4. Submammary placement of the implant

Right now your ability to breast feed should not be affected however after surgery listed above you might not beable to as the release of breast tissues may disrupt the breast ducts.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for tuberous breasts

+1

It is possible to breast feed with tuberous breasts and even after corrective breast surgery but there is a possiblity that that is not the case. Breast lifts refer to breast skin only procedures and do not apply to your case. You will need to have the base of the breast tissue released so that any implant placed will be covered by uniform breast tissue. Failure to do so at surgery will leave you with an unnaturally looking narrow based breast on top of a visible implant.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.