Tubular Breasts? Should I Fix Them?

I am not upset with the size just the difference. I go through periods where it really bothers me and others where it doesn't at all. I don't have low self esteem and besides the small issue love myself. It is just annoying and I hate worrying about it. No one has ever notice or said anything. Even ex boyfriends. I just don't want to be "the girl with fake boobs". That really is my concern that since the shape is pointed it won't look round and natural. Thanks!

Tuberous Breasts

+1
According to the photo you provided, it doesn't appear that your breast are tuberous and you shouldn't worry that they are.

Tubular Breasts

+1

It would be useful to have included a lateral photographic view, but from the anterior view you do not appear to have tubular breasts.  Your asymmetry appears to be very mild and it sounds as if you are happy with your breast volume.  Therefore it does not seem that it would be advisable in your case to undergo an augmentation since all operations have risks.

John Whitt, MD

No one can make the decison for cosmetic breast surgery except you

+1

If I were examining you, I would not have noticed the asymmetry, which is there but minimal, and I have been doing this work for 33 years.  Virtually every woman has some breast asymmetry--you have less than many.

If you are happy with your shape, do nothing.  Breast implants can make you larger but you have to be prepared to put up with the possible aggravations of a hard result (uncommon) and the need to replace the implants as they age.

It's all a question of balancing priorities and risks.  And it is only your decision--which is very good!.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

It's up to you

+1

I concur, breasts are not tubular.  You are the only one that can decide if you would like Breast Augmentation or not.  Most woman have some assymetry to their breasts.  Breast Augmentation will make your breasts larger and fuller if you are interested but ultimatley the decision is yours.

Renato Saltz, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is serious stuff!

+1

Hi there and thank you for bringing up this issue.  You ask a very important question--should I have surgery?  From the way you describe your self-perception, it doesn't seem like you're too excited about surgery.  Appropriate candidates for surgery are those individuals that have the following:

1.  A distinct problem that can be appreciated by a surgeon and addressed in a safe manner

2.  In relatively good health without contraindications to surgery

3.  Perhaps most importantly, appreciate that surgery is serious business with risks and benefits and therefore should only be considered by those who truly feel that "fixing" the problem will improve their daily quality of life. 

Although you could undergo breast augmentation fairly easily, it seems as though you're not very excited about the idea of having surgery--which you need to be!

Good luck--hope this helped you!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Asymmetric breasts

+1
Your photos show a mild asymmetry but not tuberous breasts. If you are looking for an improvement, you are a good candidate for smaller shaped implants that will give you more symmetry and a fuller natural look. Best of luck.

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

These are definitely not tubular breasts. If you are happy with the size then breast implants are obviously not a solution. Your posted photos have both of your arms up in different directions and only show the breasts from one angle. They do not clearly show the asymmetry you describe so it is impossible to say if there is a surgical solution to your asymmetry. If no one including boyfriends have ever said anything about the asymmetry it is likely that it is not that visible.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Correction for tubular breasts

+1

You have a very mild tubular deformity, in the form of minimal development of the lower pole.  Appropiately sized implants will provide a modest enhancement and  the natural shape you desire without a fake or pointed look.   This obviously bothers you enough to post a question in this forum, so I think it is worthwhile for you to seek consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast

+1

I do not note tubular breasts in your photo. If you are happy with the size and shape of your breast nothing need be done. As far as the difference you mention I believe you are talking about the size difference between the two sides. It is normal for thee to be a difference  between the right and left breast.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tubular breasts

+1

Dear Cupcake,

I think your breasts are round and small and slightly pointy but not really tubular. Tubular breasts have three features all to different degrees:

1. oval shape
2. tight lower pole and very short distance between the areolae and the fold
3. puffy areolae or large areolae or herniated areolae

Please look at my website if you want to see what really tubular breasts look like.

You can have an enlargement but do not think your breasts are abnormal.

Thank you,

Dr. Romano

James Romano, MD