Do I Have Tubular Breasts and Are my Nipples Normal? (photo)

i'm 24 never had kids and have always been underdeveloped in many ways for example i didn't start puberty till i was 15 and that's because i went to my GP and he diagnosed me with an under active thyroid and once i was on medication i had my period and started to grow ect but my breasts didn't, they're really small in size, a cup and my nipples are huge and puffy please help is it this normal? i don't think. you can see from pic theres almost no breast tissue under nipples

Are my breasts tubular?

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, you have the classic asymmetries and anatomy associated with tubular breast deformity. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with breast deformities such as this.

Ideally, you need implants for volume, nipple/areola reduction and expanding of the inferior pole of the breasts to create a defined inframammary fold. I like to perform these procedures using post-operatively adjustable saline implants from Mentor. These implants, called Spectrum Implants, can be filled after surgery to continue to expand the lower part of the breast and are then left in place. You will be very happy with the results, but be aware that you may require revisions in the future. Hope this helps.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tubulor Breasts

+1

Based on the photos provided your breast have significant asymmetry and are tubular.  To correct this surgery should be performed on both sides by a plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery and reconstruction.   In some cases multiple procedures may be required to achieve the best symmetry and results.   Due to the severity of the asymmetry, insurance if available may even cover this.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts?

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous/tubular breast:

• Wide and puffy areolae

• widely spaced breasts
  • high breast fold

• constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast)
  • minimal breast tissue

• high breast fold
  • narrow base of the breast

Most of these are apparent on the photo.  There appears also to be some asymmetry, but that could all or partly be due to the arm elevation.

Surgical treatment usually involves implants (or fat grafting) to increase and equalize volume, and a breast lift customized to the individual anatomy. All the best. 

Do I Have Tubular Breasts and Are my Nipples Normal?

+1

Yes, the breast are tubular, and the areola is wide, but PS can treat your breast.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Si, es tuberoso, y las areolas son anchas, pero CP puede tratar sus mamas. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

You have tubular breast

+1

There are two different issues with your breast. The first is the tubular breast condition and then the asymmetry of the size and shape. I offer my patients fat grafting and mastopexy for the first stage and  implant or more fat grafting for the second session.Please get multiple consultations and insist on seeing pictures of the patients with similar condition .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1

I would agree that you have both underdeveloped breasts and a tubular breast deformity. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation. I would recommend a breast augmentation with possibly a donut mastopexy to round out the right breast with a mastopexy or lift on the left side.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

Yes you have hypomastia and tuberous breasts.  Implants can be used as a part of the procedure to try to produce a reasonable breast result.  Good luck.

Tuberous breasts

+1

Hi, you do have a tuberous breast deformity.  Asymmetry between the breasts is extremely common with this condition.  Correction usually involves implant placement on the smaller side and a reduction or lift of the larger breast.  I suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who can perform an examination and address your goals.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Small asymmetric tubular breasts can be corrected with implants and modified breast lift.

+1

The picture demonstrates tubular or constricted breasts with significant asymmetry. This can be easily fixed with a modified mastopexy in the placement of breast implants, possibly of different sizes.

Tuberous Breasts and Breast Augmentation

+1

You do appear to have tuberous breasts, and a breast augmentation with lift would probably be your best bet.  You appear to have one arm in the air and the other by your side, so it is a bit difficult to assess size and symmetry concerns.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA