Tubular Breast Expansion?

I had uneven breasts the left being tubular. I recieved a lift with 290 cc in the right and 400 in the left. It does look much better but the left is not as big or round. My dr says the implant over time will stretch the muscle and form to look like the other one. Is this possible? I don't see it getting any bigger. I'm 8 weeks post op

Breast implant will expand a tubular breast but it takes at least a year or longer

+3

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon is correct breast implants will expand and improve the shape of a tuberous breast. However in my experience is can take over a year to occur. Please be patient.

If you check the link below you will see examples of the nice expansion that it can occur with simply breast implants over a long period of time.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-for-tubular-breasts-correct-tuberous-breast-deformity-2/

Asymmetry with tubular breast deformity

+1

This is a challenging question especially without pictures.  I would tell you that your breastswill always be a little different.  The goal of the surgery was to get you closer.  The healing process does take a period of time but, also is affected by your doctor releasing the constriction on the tubular side at the time of surgery.  In cases such as yours I would always alert you to the possibility that once the dust has settled we review our result to determine if there is any fine tuning that needs to take place for the best result.  Any adjustment is typically much less involved than the original procedure.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery at 8 weeks

+1

At 8 weeks, the breast still need time to heal and settle down.  Give it more time before looking to have things changed.

Breast Implants and Tubular Breast “Expansion”?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. However, what your plastic surgeon has told you does make sense generally speaking. Breast implants do tend to help “round out” the relatively tight/flat lower poles of the breasts  of patients who have undergone breast surgery to treat tubular  (constricted) breasts.  As the breast implants “settle” into the breast implant pockets, the lower poles of the breasts round out. This process may take several months and even up to one year to occur.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

Tubular Breast Expansion?

+1

This is actually very common. The implants will take time to drop, which can be as long as 3 to 6 months sometimes, and may not necessarily drop at the same time. This occurs as the inflammation resolves and the soft tissue envelope begins to accommodate to the implants. With this drop your breast will become fuller and the shape improves. The most important thing you can do is to continue to follow up with your surgeon so that he can continue to monitor your progress and make necessary recommendations as needed.

Good luck.

Breast asymmetries

+1

Dear Jennifer.  Without good before and after photos, this question is hard to answer.  Since your  implants are under the pectoral muscle, the will change significantly over the first few months after surgery.  As the muscle stretches, the implant drops and tends to project more.  Give it more time before you make any final judgements.

Web reference: http://www.naturallookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon