Do I Have Tubular Breast Deformity? (photo)

I am a 32 yr old female. Never had kids. I HATE how my breasts are shaped. I started developing at around age 10 but they stopped growing soon after and seemed to have never finished developing. The areola are puffy/raised and sit on top of very small, conical shaped, droopy breasts. I have been doing research and looking at photos and I believe I have tubular breast deformity. Please tell me if I do. If not, what is wrong with them why they never finished growing? Can taking hormones help?

Perhaps a mild form of tubular breast deformity

+1

Tubular breast deformity is not an all or non condition.  There can be very mild forms where it essentially does not impact the process of breast augmentation and there can be very severe forms where specific surgical maneuvers are needed to accomplish an aesthetically pleasing breast shape.  You may have a very mild form of tubular breast deformity.  Some breast tissue scoring may be needed during your augmentation but it will not be much.  You may want to consider placement of a silicone implant in the sub-fascial position as opposed to under the muscle.  This can be done via  peri-areolar incision where after the implant is placed the areola size can be adjusted via a purse-string areolaplasty, although this may end up not being needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

Tuberous Breasts And The Benelli Mastopexy With Implants

+1

You have the FORM FRUST of tuberous breasts.  This means your tuberous breasts are incomplete for the full blown anomalad, but you have several of the unique characteristics. Your puffy nipples are because your breast tissue has herniated through the weak basement membrane of your nipple areolar complex, and this can be pushed back by reducing the size of the areola.  You can move the nipples up on your breast mound using the Benelli or circumareolar mastopexy, and placement of a subpectoral implant can give you fullness and some lift.  I have done this operation several times specifically for tuberous breasts with minimal scarring and very satisfied patients. 

Now it is time for you to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who has experience with tuberous breasts and the Benelli mastopexy.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Right conclusion, a mild tuberous breast

+1

You are correct, you do have a mild tuberous (not tubular) breast shape with a prominence and puffy apprearance to the nipple and constricted skin envelope. Hormones will not help, and your breast is normal in every other way including breast feeding. Surgery can improve the shape if you are really discouraged.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Do I Have Tubular Breast Deformity?

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos. It does appear that you have a very mild form of the tubular breast deformity. It is not all imaginable how hormones could help this.

Surgery, however, can. A breast augmentation of modest size and a breast lift should give you a far more normal appearance. 

Find a plastic surgeon for consultation to discuss the options that are available to you.

Do I Have Tubular Breast Deformity?

+1

Yes you have a grade I tuberous deformity. Only surgery can improve. I recommend small implants with inferior pole enhanced fat grafts. 

Tuberous breasts

+1

It does appear that you have a slight tuberous deformity. An implant and periareola reductin will help improve the appearance.

Tubular Breasts

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  It does appear your have a mild form of tubular breasts with the right breast being a little more obvious due to the pinched appearance of the inframamary fold.  The besy way to change the shape of your breast is to do a breast augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy.  This type of lift will decrease the size and your areolas and give you an excellent results. I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel 

Web reference: https://www.vabreastsurgery.com

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Yes, you have tubular breasts but that can be fixed you can get breast augmentation with a lift to help shape your breast to your liking. Taking hormone will not change the size or shape of your breast. You should see a Well Certified Plastic Surgeon to review your options.

Tubular breasts

+1

Your breasts have some characteristics of tubular breasts...many women do not have all the characteristics, but just some of them.  A breast augmentation with a periareolar  mastopexy would give you a much better appearance.  Hormones would be unlikely to help.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Mild tuberous breasts

+1

You do have a mild form of tuberous breasts, there are many that are far worse.  This can be improved by implant and lift surgery done by an experienced plastic surgeon.  Please seek some consultations and see what your options are.