Had Tubular Breast Correction, I Need Another Lift and I Want Larger Implants and Scar Revision What Options do I Have? (photo)

I had a lift/augmentation 5 months ago. I had tubular breasts, & cup size difference. The doctor made an insision around my areola's, reduced their size, & lifted them, also augmenting with 350cc silicone textured implants in my R side, & 380cc in my L.I had a perminate purse string suture in both areolas. The dissolvable stiches created bad scaring and less of a lift. & now i am a C-cup.My surgeon wants 2 make a lolipop lift, could he take more skn around my areola and tighten the purse string?

Revising scars and going bigger is not a good idea

+2

Your result is poor and this may be because of surgical technique, your own body, your compliance with instructions etc.  Either way, to revise the scars will require tightening the skin.  The last thing you should do at the same time is to go bigger and stretch out the tightening you are trying to achieve. 

Poor Result with Breast Augmentation and Areolar Reduction / Benelli Lift

+2

I am sorry for your condition. But, as bad as things are the decisions you seem to be making may actually make things even worse.  

Without Before pictures it is impossible to make a direct statement on what opened in your case but it is obvious that your tuberous breast deformity was not completely corrected with radial cus inside the breast releasing its constrictions. The areolas were made smaller but the wods were immediately stretched and challenged by placing an rest implants which were too big. This resulted in the areolas beng stretched, assume ugly shoe and the wound separating resulting in ugly "Sun Burst" scarring. 

The solution? Remove the present implants, release any reside breast constriction, remove the periareolar scars and close under no tension. If needed, may need to convert to a lollipop breast lift. Putting in even larger implants is a garanteed worse result. 

Tubular Breast Revisionary Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At this point in time, I would not suggest any further surgical intervention for you (except for possible removal of any permanent sutures that have been used and that are probably causing the wound healing problems around the areola).

Once all incision lines have  healed, revisionary surgery may be helpful to you. In my opinion, this operation will most likely involve adjustment of the breast implant pockets and/or implants to improve symmetry and shape of the breasts. I do not think any further breast lifting will help you,  given that by definition ( tuberous breasts)  you do not have significant topic (loose) skin that needs to be lifted/tightened.

You may benefit from additional consultations by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Your breast can not handle bigger implant

+2

Your are not healed from your original surgery and there is a reaction to the suture material that need to be resolved.Your breast incisions are opening because of the tension from the implants. You do not need a lift or bigger implants,but time to heal. The lolipop  lift is for patients that have sagging breast tissue and low nipple. You barely have enough skin left and bigger implant and/or lift will make the situation worst.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision

+2

I would find out exactly what suture material was used for your surgery and determine your surgeons plan. Then I would get 1 or 2 addtitional opinions with examinations/consultations with other board certified plastic surgeons prior to proceeding with any revisional surgery

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift gone bad

+1

Your breast is not quite tuberous, and it appears that the lift has gone poorly and will need revision. You will need to be completely healed before moving forward, and this may mean removal of the permanent sutures and attention to the wounds until all is healed. You might consider a second opinion as well.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

+1

You need further surgery to continue to correct these issues. Best to seek a few in person examinations. 

Tubular Breast Correction

+1

Your issues appear to be quite complex.. Firstly, your nipple level is asymmetric, second, your implants appear to be high-riding, third, you have poor healing of the the peri-areolar scars with a possible area of crusting on the left. All of these issues need to be individually addressed, and dealt with in a systematic fashion. You may require additional release of the the lower component of your breast to allow the implant to drop further and revision of the peri-areolar scars. Make sure that your surgeon is board-certified and is familiar with dealing with these types of problems before proceeding

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon