NYC Surgeon w/ Experience in Tubular Breast Correction

Hi, I have tubular breast, not too too severe case, but probably due to a bad skin quality, my gland is pushing towards the areola making it puffy, and also I don't have a full lower pole of my breast. I'm looking for a surgeon, in NYC, who HAVE EXPERIENCE in correcting this anomaly. Thank you very much

Tubular Breast Surgery in New York

+1
Tubular breast surgery can be one of our most challenging breast procedures as plastic surgeons. The more severe cases require significant release and scoring of the lower pole to create fullness in this area . Also the degree of herniation into the areola determines how easily the periareolar lift is to perform. Many women have mild characteristics of a tubular deformity which sounds like your situation. These cases are not true classic tubular breasts and are much easier to correct. Regardless of the degree ,it is important that your surgeon is experienced and comfortable with treating your condition. He knows what to do and what not based on previous patients. Before and after photos are helpful as well as on line forums such as Real Self. Good luck in your search.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Doctor referral for tubular breasts

+1

Tubular breasts are actually more common than women think. They present different degrees of severity. Consequently, the surgical options vary depending on whether you want the breasts larger or the same size. Most women opt for larger breasts as well as correction of the deformity. Given your description, you probably do not require  2 operations. As a pediatric and adult plastic surgeon, I frequently examine such patients. All the best, TZ

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for tuberous breasts

+1

Whoever you go to I would ask to see examples of patients they have done. I would also look at photos of their standard breast augmentations as well as most doctors probably won't have a lot of before and after photos for tuberous breasts.

David E. Kim, MD

Tubular breast deformity?

+1

The correction of this problem is highly individual as there are several factors that might affect the scar pattern or whether implants are required.  Photos would be helpful, but a physiccal exam would really be best to make a plan for you.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Correction of tubular breasts.

+1

Hi.

We see about ten patients a year with this relatively rare condition (it does sound like you have it), and so have substantial experience and would be delighted to see you, but there are excellent surgeons in Montreal!

The keys to success are to correct the areolar size and bulging, and to release the constricted lower part of the breasts. Implants are not essential to correct tubular breasts, but they are usually used, because tubular breasts tend to be small. Everything is done through a circular scar around the nipple.

Fat injections can help in selected cases.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Correction of Tubular Breasts

+1

Most board certified plastic surgeons are comfortable with the treatment of tuberous breast deformities.   To find a surgeon in your area, I would recommend you visit the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  I've listed their website below.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Implants - Correction of Tuberous Breasts

+1

Hi kyana in Montreal, QC,

There are actually many surgeons in many different locations who should be able to help you address this issue.  You can start by speaking with your doctors and asking for recommendations.  If that doesn't work take a look at surgery dot org and plasticsurgery.org.  You should be able to get a list of doctors that you can contact and speak to in person.

If you do an online consult, be sure to include a series of photos - I usually request five - after ascertaining that the doctor can do an online consult.  I usually request a photo from the front, each side, and each 45 degree (called a three quarter view).  You can leave your face off and you can also rest assured that the photos will remain confidential (that is, most surgeons will tell you that from the outset).

There are many different ways of correcting this.  These include implants alone, skin reduction and/or lift, or a combination.  The best procedure is usually determined by your anatomy, and is then subject to what you're willing to undergo.  A consultation with a board-certified surgeon is, therefore, recommended.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Tuberous breast

+1

Most plastic surgeons are able to correct a tuberous breast with a breast lift and implants.  Sometimes is takes more than one procedure to get the results you are looking for.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of tubular breast

+1

Hi Kyana,

Tubular breast is usually fairly easy to correct.  There are many plastic surgeons who are experienced in this type of surgery.  Look for a plastic surgeon board who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably someone who specializes in breast.  Many of us in NYC perform this type of surgery on a regular basis; there are also surgeons in Canada who specialize in breast.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Natural Fat grafting for Tubular or constricted breast

+1
Treatment of tubular breast deformities is revolutionized by the advent of autologous fat grafting. Breast shape is better addressed than with implants. The result is natural long lasting and is all you. Dr. Delvecchio Bostonbreastcenter.com

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD