Tubular Breast? Correction Without Implants? (photo)

Hello! I'm a 26 yo woman and I'm not sure if I have a tubular breast deformity. My breasts developed app. between 12 and 14 and have stayed like that ever since - meaning very small (34AA? I'm not sure), pointy and with puffy nipples. I don't really have a problem with being small but the shape looks really odd to me. So my questions: Are they tuberous? And is it possible to correct the shape without implants? I really don't like the "feeling" of implants. Thank you!

Tubular or not

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to correct your puffy nipples, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and avoids the need for implants.  This technique works whether the breast are tubular or not.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I see no indication for surgery on the posted breasts.

+1

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the shape of the breasts. I certainly wouldn't exchange any modest shape change for the scars associated with a procedure.

Tubular Breast? Correction Without Implants?

+1

Of all the findings associated with tubular breasts, the only one present in these photos is the puffy areolas, so I would not call these tubular,thought I wouldn't quarrel with a surgeon who would. 

Although this can be improved with incisions around the areolas, and the uneven folds can be corrected, both without implants, I am not certain that the improvement would justify the scars needed.

All the best. 

Not tubular breast

+1

You have small breasts with a slightly widened areola.  You do not have tubular breasts.   You would do well with a standard breast augmentation if you wish to improve the shape of your breast. 

Tuberous Breasts Can Be Improved Without An Implant

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Tuberous breasts can have their shape improved with a lift that releases the constricting fibrous bands inside.  Your photographs suggest that you have a constricting band around the areola.  You may also have constricting bands at the base of the breast.  You should not get an implant if you do not like the concept for yourself.  A good result is possible for you.  Good luck.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tubular Breast Deformity

+1

Hi LavenderLily7

From your photos, you do not look like you have tubular breast deformity. Although a proper consultation and physical examination with a Plastic Surgeon is more accurate, I don't think that you would get a different answer.

As to 'correcting' your breast shape without being made larger - yes you can adjust the appearance of your nipples and aureolas surgically. You can also adjust the shape of your breasts with fat grafting, but this does come at the cost of increasing your breast size. You need to understand the pros and cons of fat grafting before embarking on this procedure, as it is not really mainstream yet, but may become in time.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breast

+1

Thanks   for the  pictures ,   you  do not    have a  tubular    bresast ,  you  present     some asymetry  of breast    fold ,     the    right  side     has  it    upper    than   the  left ,   some     grade  or  herniation    of   nipple ,   that     is corrected    with   radiation   of  the  nipple,, if    you   are  really  comfortable    with    the volume ,   wich  is  a   hypotrophy ,  i think    best     results   even though   you  are  comfortable     with    your   size  is   a  combination   of radiation and    a  small   implant  behind  muscle 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Tubular Deformity Correction Without Implants

+1

You do not have tubular breast deformity.  Your areolae are slightly larger than average for your breast size but they are within normal limits.  If you desire, an areola reduction can be performed but this would not change the shape of the breast.  You do not need breast implants if you do not want larger breasts.  However, if you wanted to be moderately larger, small breast implants with or without an areolar reduction could improve the shape and the symmetry of your breasts.  

Consult with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to acquire the detailed information that you need to make an informed decision.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

Not tuberous

+1

In my opinion, you do not have tuberous breast deformity. You have smaller breasts which can easily be corrected with implants. You do have a short nipple to fold distance so picking a good surgeon is important since you will need to lower the fold slightly. Best of luck

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts?

+1

I do not think that your breasts are tuberous. I think the areola are a bit puffy. This can be corrected with surgery if you desired.