Tubular Breast Correction with Breast Lift? (photo)

I have tubular breasts and I was wondering what breast lift would be best to correct my breasts while leaving minimal scars. My family is really busty and get their breasts when they are about 21-22, because of this I don't want to get a breast implant. I read that tubular breasts are the result of constriction, if a surgeon can remove or reduce the constriction would new breast tissue grow normally or would it still grow in a tubular manner? The space between my breasts is 3 fingers in distance

Tubular breasts

+2

Your breasts are only slightly tubular and if you do not want to go larger with an implant, I would probably advise against surgery of any kind at this point.  Not worth the scars and the cost, in my opinion.

A circumareolar "donut" breast lift would likely be a good option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Correction of Tuberous Breasts

+1

Correction of Tuberous Breasts requires clear understanding of the anatomy of the deformity as well as a well designed surgical plan. Not all tuberous breast get corrected the same way. Correction of tuberous breast does not require use of the implants, or use of fat grafts. Typically the incisions are not very noticeable, as they are around the areola.

In your particular case, you have a mild form of this condition. I do operate on tuberous breast in rather young women, but only in more severe cases. You should wait to have an operation at least a year or two after you have stopped developing your breasts.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Correction tubular breasts

+1
You can do a "donut" lift to reduce the size and puffiness of the areola. However it is usually best to place am implant as well, even if only a small one, to help stretch out the constricted tissue. If you are not certain about getting implants you can do the areolar reduction first, and place implants at a later date for more complete correction if desired.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

+1

There may be a component of tuberousity of your breasts.  It would be a good idea to wiat until you have fully matured before considering any breast surgery.

Treatment of Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would agree with you that;

1. Your breasts do demonstrate anatomic findings consistent with constricted breasts.

2. That they would be in your best interests to wait on having any type of surgery until your breasts have fully “matured”.  Doing so will help minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary soon  after the initial operation.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts (generally) include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.
In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern,  you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. This would best be Done after your breasts have reached “maturity”.  The exact procedure recommended will depend on physical findings at that time and a full communication of your goals. Surgery will likely involve breast augmentation and some degree of breast lifting.

You may find the  attached link helpful.

Either implants or fat grafting would be an important part of your treatement

+1

Treatment of the constricted breast involves release of the overly-tight and overly-high breast folds.  When this is done an implant is used to increase the volume of the breasts and to keep the released breast fold stretched out.  Another option would be to perform breast fat grafting.  This involves removal of fat from areas where you have excess and injection of the fat into the breast.  This process also increases the size of your breasts and help stretch out the breast fold.  A breast lift is designed to tighten and lift the breast tissue which is not what you need at this time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD