Tubular Breast Correction Bad? (photo)

I asked a question n most asked for before pics so here they are.my issue isnt the acars its all the areola that is left and the shape and double bubble also right breast fold is two inches lower than left. Should they have been above muscle?

Tubular Breast Correction Bad?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast surgery.  It is clear, based on your description and dissatisfaction, that additional surgery may become necessary to improve the outcome. In-person examination would be necessary to determine exactly what operation would best improve your outcome.

To answer your question about breast implant positioning, I generally prefer the sub muscular ( dual plane) positioning for  almost all patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery.

Generally speaking, patients who are considering breast surgery to correct  tuberous/constricted breasts should be informed that the need for revisionary breast surgery may be higher for them, as opposed to patients who do not start out with tuberous/constricted breasts.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about  revisionary breast surgery.

Too early to make a pronouncement about correction of tubular breast.

+1

It looks like you're still an active healing phase after surgery. Usually it takes a number of months for tubular breast to adapt to the reconstruction. Remain patient and in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Tubular breast and repair

+1

You have a severe deformity and sometimes it takes more than one operation to make them look better.  Good luck.

Tubular Breast Correction Bad?

+1

Thanks! The issue is with the tubular deformity I ALWAYS instruct the patient on the most possible need for a series of operations! You fit that category. 

Tubular breast

+1

This is obviously a challenge for most plastic surgeons as you can see by the responses. It is important to understand that this may improve with time. It would also be helpful to know what the time between photos. It also appears that you could have a capsular contracture on the left. I would follow up with your surgeon. 

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast deformity

+1

You started with a very difficult, asymmetric shape.  This is a problem for any plastic surgeon.  Of necessity there is going to be a crease at the location of your pre-existing high and tight inframammary crease.  You may need some form of revision in the future to correct problems but at this point you need to give it time to stretch out and resolve.  

Correction of Tuberous Breast

+1

For comparison purposes it would be nice for the post-op photos to look similar to the pre-op photos. You should stand the same way, and your shoulders and upper breasts should be visible and unobstructed by clothing. This will allow a better assessment. In some of the post-op pictures it appears you are standing and leaning slightly to the right. But it also does appear that the right inframammary crease is lower than the left.

Tuberous breast deformity is difficult to fix. And since the breasts lack a full round lower pole, they may still lack some of that even after implants are placed. Double bubble deformity is certainly a risk of augmentation in patients with tuberous breasts; the risk being higher as the implant volume and base width increases. During surgery, it is important to control and stabilize the inframammary crease as much as possible; but when there is at least moderate constriction and a high, tight native crease some residual appearance may persist. Even if a double bubble is not present when a patient’s arms are at her sides, it may become visible as she raises her hands up and overhead.

Your areolar size may decrease a bit as the swelling subsides. If it remains too large that can be addressed relatively easily at a later date. If the level of the (implant) inframammary crease remains too low and/or asymmetric that can be corrected as well with internal sutures. For now it is important to allow the healing process to move forward and continue to follow-up with your surgeon.

Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breast Correction Bad?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photos. I am sorry that you are disappointed with your outcome. From the look of the incisions it looks pretty recent. 

The photos are helpful, but to really make a fair judgement they should show the entire breast and the shoulders to make sure you are standing straight, which appears not to be the case in the post ops. The before photo is taken in proper posture. 

Tuberous breasts are difficult to fix, and often require one or more touch up procedures. With as much constriction and as high a breast fold as you had, it is hard to imagine that you would not have a mark from the original fold which is the cause of the "double bubble" and which may stretch out some over the course of 6-12 months. 

It may be that after all has settled the outcome can be improved by doing more of a lift, which would require more incisions. Continue close follow up with your surgeon.  All the best.