I Have Tubular Breast, Brava? Surgery? Fat Transfer? or Implant? (photo)

i went to a surgeon today for a consoltation for fat transfer to breast surgery. he told me that it would be a bit difficult to do it bc i had tubular breasts. he did say however that he could add fat to the upper part of the breast to make it look fuller. any suggestions would be fantastic as i have been on the internet olooking at a bunch of things saying that it is the best ever. so i might as well come to the doctors and see what the best suggestion is :)

I Have Tubular Breast, Brava? Surgery? Fat Transfer? or Implant?

+1

Surgery, and if you want more volume, implant.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Cirugia, y si usted quiere mas volumen, implantes.

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

+1

The latest protocol for breasts similar to yours is the following as presented by both Drs Del Vecchio (Boston) and Khouri (Miami) at the ASPS "first" Regenerative Medicine Summit. Use of external intermittent BRAVA device for 2 weeks prior to surgery. Than sub muscular silicone implant a UHP or Sientra model, plus liposuction using 3 mm multiple holed cannulae, than fat grafting. 

Tuberous breasts

+1

Often tuberours breasts require release of the lower pole and reduction of the areola with a circumareola pursestring and an implant. Fat can be added if the implant is not enough, but would definitely delay that.

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

I would recommend a better photo with a lateral view.  It is difficult to provide an accurate recommendation without better quality photo and measurements.  It appears you would do well with breast implants.  However if you prefer fat grafting is an option.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting is better option if you care more about quality of the result than the size

+1

The use of fat for breast enhancement is newer technique and getting more acceptance. Fat is better option to enhance the soft tissue and correct the lack of volume in lower pole. Fat grafting is more expensive,takes longer to do but shorter recovery time. You need to find a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar and has experience with fat grafting. The concerns about mammogram and breast cancer been resolved. Fat grafting has own limitations including 1- available donor site 2- limited amount of can be grafted 3- patients expectations. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Correcting tuberous breasts without implants

+1

Thank you for your photo.

If you are happy with your current size/volume, breast implants are not necessary to correct breast shape. The Mini Ultimate Breast technique can reshape, lift and correct areola position by utilizing the same strapping technique used in the full UBL. The incision is made around the areola without needing a vertical scar. If, however, you desire more volume, a small silicone sub-muscular implant can be incorporated.

Look into it.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

From the picture you posted it does not look like you would have enough fat for the procedure even if you wanted it.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+1

Although you will need more than just volume to fix your breasts, fat transfer is very limited in the amount if increase in size. I find most women wanting way more than I believe is possible with fat alone. Also, the transfer of fat does cause calcium deposits to form and can be confusing on mammograms. The jury is out in the USA and this is not currently a recommended procedure.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Augmentation for Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and  picture.

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern,  you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery.   Surgery will likely involve breast augmentation and some degree of breast lifting.
When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant experience with this type of surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Tuberous treatment

+1

Hi

thanks for the post and the question. the angle of the pic doesn't show the degree of breast constriction. however, in most cases, an implant would be the best option. You will likely need to combine this with a lift to release the constriction and reshape the breast. Fat transfers do work in breasts, but in very limited amounts and, in my opinion, not useful for true augmentation, but rather for correction of mild size differences. 

hope that helps you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon