Do I Have Tuberous, Sagging or Breast? (photo)

I have been thinking about breast augmentation for a while. I have always been quite uncomfortable with my breast and have always wondered were they normal. If they are tuberous or saggy do you think I can get away with just a donut lift or do you think more extensive cutting is necessary. While I know that a definite answer cannot be derived from just a photo. I would just like to get a general idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Breast Augmentation And Lift For Tuberous/Sagging Breasts

+1

Dear Nea,

Thank you for sharing your photos but it would be better if the photos were taken at different angles. It is unclear if you are looking for a lift with or without breast augmentation.

Nonetheless, I believe that you can benefit from a breast augmentation and a lift to eliminate the sagging and provide you with perky breasts.

I advise you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Minimal scarring breast lift

+1

Dear Nea lee,

I strongly suggest you consider re-submitting your question with better photos. It would be best if you could get a true frontal and side views. Your pics are not appropriate to determine whether you are a candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift. The UBL technique does not require a vertical scar or an implant to give upper pole fullness. Breasts are reshaped and lifted permanently to give a natural perky appearance without visible scars.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift may be required with an augmentation to give a great look

+1

A breast augmentation is great to restore lost volume and shape to the breast, but sometimes an implant just isn't enough to get the look that you want.  Weight loss, breastfeeding, and exercise can cause the breasts to sag.  A breast lift can be done with an augmentation to help lift the breast and give it a much more aesthetic appearance.  In your case, I would recommend a submuscular breast augmentation with a lift.  The type of lift will most likely be the vertical mastopexy or lollipop type with incisions around the areola and straight down.  The recovery is about 5 days with minimal discomfort.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber....Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Do I need a breast lift or just an augmentation?

+1

Unfortunately, there are times when the best aesthetic result possible is only achieved with a breast lift as well as implant placement.  While your breast base appears narrow, your greatest issue is sag.  A breast lift will "place" your areola in a position over the implant that gives your breast the best aesthetic appearance possible.  You may also request to have your areolae made a little smaller to match your new look.  I don't think a "donut" lift is sufficient for the best possible result.  Unfortunately, some component of a vertical scar is needed.  You may want to consider how you scar and whether or not you are a smoker as to how your wounds will heal.  That's really what you're "getting into."  All that said, there is a very natural and pleasing look possible as you have some native breast tissue that can be "molded" around the implant.  Best wishes!

Eric A. Marchant, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think that the major diagnosis in your case is breast ptosis ("sagging”).  There may also be a minor component of constriction (tuberous) breast  “deformity” as well. I think you will benefit from breast lifting (probably a vertical mastopexy)  plus or minus breast augmentation, depending on exactly what your goals are.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

BEST Alternative to Sagging, Constricted Breasts

+1

You APPEAR to have sagging, constricted breasts with very large areolae. A donut (Benelli) Lift will NOT work well in your case since it was NOT intended to be used in women with large, sagging breastswith very large areolae. Using this technique will result in flattened mesa-like breasts with ugly, star-burst scars around the areolae which would be VERY hard to correct.

In my opinion, if you are happy with your breast volumes, a short scar breast Lift (Hall-Findlay) may be a MUCH better option. If you wish to become larger, then an augmentation lift may be indicated in which the breast constriction  can be relieved wth vertical cuts, implants placed, the areolae reduced and breasts are lifted.

Good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Breast lift needed

+1

Hello.  Though I agree with others about the photos.  I t appears that you would benefit from a great lift.   And possibly implants if you would like more projection.  It is best to see me in a free consultation if possible for a more precise evaluation. Thanks

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast vs sagging breasts

+1

You have a bit of both: 

your nipples point below horizontal and are located below your breast folds;

the areola on each side is "puffy" which is a characteristic of TUBULAR BREAST, or CONSTRICTED BREAST.  

From the pictures it looks like a breast lift would be reasonable.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Tuberous breasts?

+1

Thank you for the photos, but unfortunately the photos were not taken in a way that show your breasts well.  They do not specifically look tuberous in the photos but an exam in person would be helpful.