Do I have tuberous deformation and can i get a BA? What about ALCL? (photos)

I was wondering if i had tuberous deformation of my breast? i have successfully breast fed 2 children but notice there is no volume left. i would like to have small saline smooth implants under the muscle with a fold insertion would this work for the volume? Is this a better choice to avoid the possibility of ALCL?

?Tuberous breasts?

+1
Thanks for your question and photos.  I see nothing suggestive to me of tuberous breasts in the pictures. Most likely a standard breast augmentation will be all that is recommended, unless there is a desire for lifting the nipples and areolas. 

As to ALCL, the FDA notes that there is no evidence that either saline or silicone implants have a higher association with this rare illness.  Your surgeon can help sort out the pros and cons of silicone v. saline. 

All the best. 

Tuberous breasts and ALCL

+1
It doesn't appear as though your breasts are tuberous, so a standard breast aug should be great for you. For the latest info on ALCL, visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Do I have tuberous deformation and can i get a BA? What about ALCL?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Your breasts do not demonstrate any characteristics of tuberous or constricted breasts.

In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.