Tuberous Breasts, Low Self Esteem. I Dont Know What to Do?

Hi, I am a 16 year old girl from canada and im pretty sure I have tuberous breasts.. my breast resemble a snoopy like shape and i can never wear a bra without extra padding, and i also have to spend so much money on victoria secret swim suits with push up support so i dont look like i have triangles.. It just brings my self esteem down so much and I dont feel like a woman at all. I dont know what to do, what procedures help for mine

Tuberous Breast Causing Low Self-Esteem

+1

Tuberous breasts means the breasts are shaped like a potato, all the breasts tissue is underneath the nipple instead of being spred out across the chest wall itself. This is simply repaired by replacing the tissue that never developed with the breast implant and then tightening the areola, which is usually too big to tighten the breast tissue that is underneath the nipple to the implant itself and tighten up the extra skin that occurs because of this. It would be best to use a breasts implant with an areolar mastopexy for breasts asymmetries.

Tuberous Breasts At 16 Years Of Age

+1

Dear Katy,

Thank you for the inquiry.

At the age of 16, I would advise you to be patient a little more when it comes to undergo a breast augmentation surgery.

I understand that you feel uncomfortable with tuberous breasts but it is important that you will exhaust every chance to achieve ultimate growth before you undergo your surgery.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon who can guide you to come up with a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breasts and Low Self Esteem

+1

Hi!

Since you are still at a younger age, I would be a bit cautious on
getting any type of cosmetic procedure done before your body is
completely done growing. I would recommend going in for a face to face
consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Also, remember
that you will need parental consent before any type of cosmetic
procedure. All in all, I would tread carefully because you are still
very young and have time for more growth and maturation.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Tuberous breasts and low self esteem

+1

To get things into perspective, even a tuberous breast shape is soft and warm, sensate, and will support breast feeding, that given a smile and a warm heart, should complete a picture to be proud of. Your gifts just might be elsewhere rather than your chest. A tuberous breast can be 'fixed' as well, and when you are ready perhaps your mother will help you with a consultation from a reputable plastic surgeon in your area to help you fit the last piece together (and only one however) of who you are.

+1

As you can imagine, it is not not as common to do these procedures on someone your age, but it is not unheard of. Whenever I talk to a younger patient I always want their parents, or at least their mother, involved. And I always want to be sure that the patient's breasts have not changed in size for a minimum of 12 months. There are surgical procedures available that will give you a very nice result that you will be very pleased with. So if you fit this criteria, talk it over with your Mom and then go get at least 3 opinions from very experienced plastic surgeons that do a lot of that kingd of surgery. Best of luck.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD