Do I Have Tuberous Breasts? How To Fix A Gap In Between? What Inscision Will Fit Best?

Im not sure if my breast have slight tuberous issue... is it possible to bring them closer after BA? do i need to make an areola reduction? Thanks in advance ! Cant wait to do my BA looking for a right surgeoun!!!!

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for tuberous breasts with gap

+1
There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to decrease the gap. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. You are an excellent candidate for this new technique. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts??

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts. I always find it interesting when a patient post a question about what procedure they need how many physicians will tell them they need a lift without even knowing what size implant a patient desires. Please before you go to any plastic surgeon try to narrow down what size you hope to be. There are many tools out there to help you with this. I would suggest start by performing the rice test which can be found online. This test helps you make sizers to see what volume you feel gives you the look you are trying to achieve. If that volume is 300-350cc or less then yes you will probably need a lift or nipple reduction to achieve the best result. But you also asked about the distance between the breasts. This distance is predicted by the chest wall and muscle attachments but in some instances can be manipulated to achieve more cleavage. To maximize your cleavage a surgeon should perform a subglandular or biplanar technique ( I prefer the biplaner ) where the lower part of the pectoral muscle is released up to the level of the nipple which then takes away the loss of cleavage imposed by the attachments of this muscle in this area. the downside of this is that patients can then sometimes appreciate the implant more which would then lead the plastic surgeon to suggest silicone implants in you. Now the bigger you go with the more cleavage you will obtain. This is not to suggest that you go larger then you want to be or that you go extremely large but rather when you and your plastic surgeon narrow the implant size down to two or three ...then consider the larger of them to obtain as much cleavage as anatomically possible. You are more likely to get the result your looking for by going to someone who performs a significant amount of breast implants and is comfortable with all the various approaches. Good luck :)

Web reference: Http://www.ricetest.com

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Widely spaced breasts with large areola

+1

Your breasts are by no means tubular in nature. You do have mild glandular ptosis and large areola. A periareolar approach to place the implant (preferably smooth silicone) and a small periareolar mastopexy would be appropriate in your case. It is important not to attempt placement of the implant to far medially to narrow the gap. Implants should be placed under the breast mound so a natural appearance is maintained.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation, Mastopexy, Dr. Adibfar, Plastc Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello;

You don't show signs of tuberous breasts. You do however have breasts with mild to moderate ptosis , wide chest ( breast wide apart) , large areola and relatively little breast tissue in the upper poles.

The final treatment and therefore results really depends on what your priorities are.

I recommend textured teardrop gel implants in order to give you maximal projection and lift.

Placing the implants in a sub glandular position would allow you to place them slightly more medially however in this position you may be able to notice the edge of the implant over time.

My favorite position would be "dual plane" (partially sub pectoral) which would prevent the above sequelae however you may require some additional fat grafting medially in order to narrow the "gap".

You may also require a small peri-areolar lift the scar of which should be quite acceptable if done properly with a deep permanent peri-areolar suture.

More detailed evaluation would be necessary for final comprehensive recommendations.

Thank you

Web reference: http://www.elementstoronto.com/Doctors/DrAdibfar/procedures/21breast/25breastaugmentation

Baltimore breast augmentation for breasts with wide areolae

+1

It appears as though you'll need breast implants under the muscle with a lift around the areolae. This will make the areolae smaller while giving them a lift at the same time. Also, the breast implants can move the middle portion of your breasts closer together to give you more cleavage. Having done many surgery on women with breasts like yours, I believe you can get great results. Good luck! Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/breast-augmentation/

Tuberous breasts?

+1

You have large areola but not a typical tuberous breast. The implants need to be placed behind the breast mound and not to create cleavage. Cleavage is obtained with bra. You would need circumareolar incision to decrease areolar size, which will enlarge with an augmentation. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Not tuberous breasts

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts. You do have widely spaced breasts and large areolas. What you do surgically will be based on what you are trying to achieve and what you are willing to do to get to that point. You need a full consultation with a very experienced plastic surgeon. Here are some things that need to be considered. If you try to place implants too close together you run the risk of rippling of the implants near the center of the chest and symmastia. Fat grafting to that area may be helpful. The size of the areolas are also a matter of personal preference. You can surgically reduce the size but this can also cause some central flattening of the breast.

The bottom line is to get a good consultation that goes over all the options.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Tuberous Breast

+1

No you don't have what is considered a tuberous breast. You have a wide intermammary distance and your nipple location is located toward the outside edge with a widened areola diameter. If you have breast augmentation it is critical to select an implant diameter that is wide enough to give you a natural normal cleavage. And the implant positioning must be precise so the edges of the implant sit where they need to be to narrow the distance between the breasts. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast augmentation. This is not a difficult procedure in the right hands. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast?

+1

No, you don't really have tuberous breasts in the classic sense. You do have large areolae and those could be made smaller if you wanted to do so. That could be done separately or in conjunction with a breast augmentation. Breast implants will add volume to your breasts. That is their main purpose. The wide gap between your breasts is a function of the distance across your chest bone. While it can be improved upon somewhat with the addition of implants, you will still probably have a wide cleavage. I wouldn't get too crazy with trying to close this distance surgically as only bad things can happen. First, there is not much to cover an implant in the cleavage area. Because of that, any ripples or wrinkles may show up here. Second, if the implant is placed too close to the midline, your nipples will not be centered over the implants and will point outwards. That is a very odd look. Again, implants will give you volume and may help fill out this cleavage area a little bit but a good push-up, push-in type bra will help give you better cleavage after the augmentation.

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts. You do have wide spacing, which will not be greatly changed with breast augmentation. If you want the areolae reduced, this can be performed at the same time through the same incision as the augmentation. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.