Tuberous Breasts, Breast Lift & Brava? Really Needing Some Answers. (photo)

I have tuberous breasts and I am not intersted in breast implants or fat transfer at this time. I am interested in getting a nipple reduction/breast lift. If shape is corrected through these procedures, could I gain a cup size using the BRAVA bra afterwards? In a normal shape? Is this realistic? I am currently not filling a cup size, please see pictures. What is the average cost of these procedures? Thanks.

Tuberous Breasts- Breast Augmentation and Options

+2

Your photos do show tuberous breasts. This can be a difficult condition to correct. Surgery is required in my opinion and the Brava bra is not going to work I believe. If you want the increase in breast size you describe, you are going to require breast implants - probably. Tuberous breasts are typically breasts that have some of the following conditions.

• Small breasts that are called hypoplastic.
  • Short distances from the nipple to the crease beneath the breast
  • Nipple pseudo-herniation. This means the breast tissue looks like its come out and moved into the nipple.

Surgery is usually the best option for these problems. Breast augmentation will help with the small size or hypoplastic nature of the breasts. It will also help with the short distance to the crease. The nipple may require surgery to change the areolar size and improve the pseudo-herniation.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your best options. Good luck!

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

I am still on the fence about fat injecting a breast because of the unknown consequence oof fat injecting which may lead to increased estrogen production locally. Could it stimulate cancer?  We do  not know yet. I prefer implants and a number of manuevers which will include treating the herniated tissue.  Good luck.

Tuberous Breasts, Breast Lift & Brava? Really Needing Some Answers.

+1

Thanks for your questions. The posted photos needs better focusing. The "BRAVA" system is applied "pre operatively" to increase the spacial area of the breasts. Thus this allows more fat grafting to each breast. And you will also need some excisional surgery of the NA complexes to gain symmetry. In my opinion you will require 2 operations. Fees including the BRAVA system approach $12,000. 

+1

Do the Brava and Fat injections before reducing the areola the areola can be reduced with the subareolar procedure

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/lift-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

Your posted photos show significant asymmetry with most of the breast tissue above nipple level on the right and almost all of it above nipple level on the left. It is hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the right breast crease is higher than the left. Therefore you will need more than a nipple reduction and breast lift (removal of extra breast skin). For an optimal result you will also need surgery on the breast tissue itself to open the lower halves of the breasts etc. You have so little breast tissue to start with that I doubt a Brava bra will create sufficient tissue to increas your breasts by a cup size.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Breast asymmetry can be corrected without implants.

+1

Hi.

You can expect to have quite symmetrical small breasts afterwards. Most people still consider BRAVA to be experimental.  I would not count on significant enlargement.

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

Hi Renee,

You are correct in your diagnosis.  It appears you have tuberous breast.  The photos are a little dark and not the best quality.  In my opinion your only option is Augmentation with Periareolar Mastopexy with Correction of Tuberous Breasts.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Unfortunately the photos are so out of focus they are hard to evaluate properly. It may be that a lift on the left side can make that breast look somewhat similar to the right breast. I am not sure that a lift would accomplish much on the right. 

Very unlikely that Brava would gain much volume with as much breast tissue as you have to begin with. You will get better response to your questions with an in  person evaluation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Cost estimates are hard to give without knowing what needs to be done. Average breast lift and breast enlargement fees are listed on these pages. 

Thank your for your question, best wishes.