Odd-looking, differently-sized, small breasts--are they considered tuberous? (Photo)

I've always though my breasts were a little odd looking, theyre not the same size and because they're small I feel its quite noticeably and I get quite self conscious about it. Are they considered tuberous? Ive seen pictures and they look like it to me.

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

From your photos, it looks like you have asymmetric, hypoplastic  breasts with some minor components consistent with Tuberous Breasts.

Tuberous Breasts have a very narrow base and usually a long skin envelope. In the most severe cases of Tuberous Breast, a breast lift can be done through an incision around the areola, making the breast into a more rounded shape that the patient will be happy with. In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient.

Tuberous Breasts...

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts!

Although your breasts may be smaller than you would like, they are completely normal in appearance and don't require any treatment.

Tuberous breasts typically have:

• "Constricted breast tissue" causing a narrow shape resembling a "tube"
  • Bulging of breast tissue into the under surface of the areola causing the nipple and areola to protrude like a "dome" on the breast, rather having a normal nipple/areola shape
  • An areola diameter which is much larger than ideal for that breast

Your breasts have none of those qualities, so your breasts are not tuberous.

A straightforward breast augmentation, possibly with a slightly different size implant on each side, should be all it takes to give you the result you are seeking: Larger breast size and correction of your asymmetry. I would expect a very nice result!

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon