Do I Have Tuberous Breasts? (Photos)

I've always felt my breasts were a slightly odd shape ever since i started puberty when i was 12, but they never really started growing. I feel like they are deformed and pointy rather than round, like i thought breasts were supposed to be

A quite normal breast

+2

The tuberous breast has a prominent nipple which is herniated forward, rather mushroom like with constriction of the skin envelope. You should be able to find photos if you search the internet carefully. Your breasts are very normal.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

From your photos, it looks like you have asymmetric, hypoplastic  breasts with some minor components consistent with Tuberous Breasts.

Tuberous Breasts have a very narrow base and usually a long skin envelope. In the most severe cases of Tuberous Breast, a breast lift can be done through an incision around the areola, making the breast into a more rounded shape that the patient will be happy with. In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Based on your photos, I do not think you have tuberous breast deformity. Your breasts are somewhat pointed but I do not think you fit the definition of tuberous breast deformity.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts or also referred to constricted breasts need to be evaluated and treated by experienced plastic surgeons when breast augmentation is performed because this condition requires additional procedures to yield optimal results.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

You do have asymetrical young braests. They are not classic tubular (cylandrical) breasts. Your right one which is larger is closer to normal, it has conical shape. However, your left, smaller, one is nearly tuberous. If you are interested in improvement in shape and size, a pair of medium size ( different size) silicone implants would do the job, Periareolar over the muscle approach would be my preference.

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast vary in degree

+1

Hi Blondestudent,

There are so many variations in breast shape and no one has "perfect" breasts.  We all have some issue.  Is it possible that you have a very, very mild form, especially on the left side? Yes.  The key is, does it matter?  Many women with less than the "ideal" standard of breastshape nontheless have very pretty breasts. I believe you have a very pretty breast shape and I would not let it concern you.  However, if it does cause you cause you concern or to be self-conscious, please see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tubular breast deformity

+1

From your photo, I would agree with others that you have some of the elements of tuberous breast deformity; but it is mild; you  don't have the extremely tight constriction at the base of the breasts, nor the significant herniation around the nipple areolar complex area.  If your desire is to have enhancement of your breasts (augmentation); your plastic surgeon can discuss with you your specific anatomy, and he/she will probably make some adjustments (as discussed by others) including some adjusment of the Inframammary fold (minimal), possible release of breast tissue, and adjustment of the nipple areolar complex. With this in mind, I think you can achieve a nice result. Good luck

Your breast are normal

+1

Your breast do not have a tuberous component that i would be concerned with if you wanted a breast augmentation.  Look on line under tuberous breast and you will see a big difference from yours.  You are quite normal.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/

Tuberous breasts

+1

While you do have some elements of tuberous breast syndrome, you have a mild form.  As others have stated, you should get a nice result with a periareolar augmentation, areaolar reduction and release of the constricted breast tissue.  Good luck. 

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

For tuberous breast deformities an implant can be used along with modifications to accomodate for lower pole tightness and herniation of the tissue through the areola. Yours looks a bit mild, but an exam would be key.