Do I have tuberous breasts? If so, what kind of results can I expect from Breast Augmentation? (photo)

Hi, I am currently searching for a doctor that will give me a more proportioned look. I am pear-shaped and 5'4" 190 lbs. My chest is a 38 and as seen in the picture my breasts are slightly asymmetric (my children had a favorite side). During this process I was surprisingly told that I had tuberous breasts during a consultation. Are my breasts tuberous and what types of results can I expect to have if I do have tuberous breasts?

Tuberous breasts

+3
I add my opinion to the other experts here that you definitely do not have tuberous breasts.  You would benefit from a bilateral augmentation mammaplasty with the implants placed under the breast tissue.  The implants will gently fill out the slightly tight lower poles of your breasts and produce a nice, natural result. You need to consult with a plastic surgeon to be able to personally discuss the type of implant and sizes of implants to correct your slight asymmetry.

No, you do not have tuberous breasts.

+2
Hi, there.  Based on your photo, you do not have tuberous breasts.  You have slight asymmetry - right breast is slightly longer and the nipple areolar complex is lower.  However, I think you would get a great result from breast augmentation. Best wishes!

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

An augmentation is all that is needed

+2
and you do not have tuberous breasts so you can put that concern to rest.  Beware of your implants possible making you look heavier and realize any asymmetries present now will still be present later.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts

+2
You do not have tuberous breasts. However, you do have asymmetry, with your Right breast lower (more ptotic) than the Left. You could have breast augmentation alone and get a nice result but still have the asymmetry. Alternatively, at the same time as the augmentation, you could do a periareolar (donut) lift on the Right to bring it up to match the Left, thus improving the symmetry. You have to decide whether you would be willing to have a scar around the nipple-areolar complex. 

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts? If so, what kind of results can I expect from Breast Augmentation?

+2
Based solely upon the one posted photo you DO NOT have tuberous breasts. Best to seek additional in person consolations with only boarded PSs in your city...Btw all 21 posted response agree with the NON tuberous issue!!!!Wonder if the doctor you saw in person was a Plastic Surgeon????? 

You do not have tuberous breasts and breast augmentation should give you a nice result

+2
Thank you for your question.  I am happy to say that you do not have tuberous breasts.

You do have a slight breast asymmetry with the right breast being lower than the left breast.

Breast augmentation with different sized implants can be done however this may accentuate or make the asymmetry more visible.

The best procedure may be a minor breast lift on the right side and implants on both sizes.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Not tuberous breasts

+2
Thank you for your picture. You do not have tuberous breasts. Which you can expect from an augmentation is a very good result. I will continue to see board-certified plastic surgeons for consultations to get the best recommendation for your breast augmentation.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation

+2
First I don't think you have tuberous breasts. Please be seen and examined by a surgeon from the sDnart Beauty Guide. 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breasts have unique features

+2
You do not have tuberous breasts.  Any augmentation approach will work well for you.  
Choose your doctor, one who agrees that you do not have any unique problem.  Then choose your size and have an operation.
Do not go to one who thinks that you have tuberous breasts. 

Vasdev Rai, MD