Do I Have Tuberous Breasts? (Photos)

My breasts have always been very small with a large areola. My correct bra number should be a 36AA or even a smaller cup which i can´t find in stores. Other day i was doing some research about breast augmentation and i found information about this deformity (tuberous breasts) so i realised that my breasts were very similar to those type of breasts. If they are, it is possible to correct them with implants and have a good result in the end?

Tuberous Breasts

+2

Based on your photos alone it appears that you have a minimal tubular deformity of your breasts.  Your primary issue is a lack of breast tissue with a small amount of breast herniation into the areola.  A breast augmentation with scoring of your breast tissue (to release the bands that are causing the mild breast tissue herniation) should provide you with a very nice result.  Make certain that you seek a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform the procedure.  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.drlouisdeluca.com/

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast come in all degrees.

+2

You have a mild form of tuberous breasts. Breast augmentation will solve your problem but with a warning. You will need scoring of the breast tissue under the nipple to allow the areola to flatten out. You will also need vertical scoring of the breast tissue in the lower half of the breast to create a soft rounded lower pole.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

+2

You have a mild form of tuberous breasts, which would be corrected very nicely with breast implants.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Areolar Breast Tissue Herniation (mild Tuberous Breast)

+2

What you appear to have is breast tissue herniation into the areolae. Although this is not what most people talk about when they discuss tuberous breast deformity, it is a form of that problem. This is easier to fix than the usual problem and can easily be done with a Breast Augmentation. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in correcting many different breast problems.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgerytoday.com/breast.php#aug

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

+2

You have a mild form of tuberous breasts.   Tuberous breasts lack fullness below the nipple.  Breast augmentation can create the fullness you are lacking and provide you with an improved shape and body proportion.  You can view results of breast augmentation  on women with tuberous breasts such as yours by following the link below.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous?

+2

Tuberous (Tubular, Consricted) breasts have some basic characteristics and, yes, you fit into this category. A larger constricted breast takes on the more characteristic appearance of what you'll see in most articles about this breast issue. In my experience, most patients are unhappy with the appearance after breast augmentation if nothing is done other than augmentation. We often describe the resulting shape as 'whipped cream on top of a sundae'. There becomes the appearance of a bulge under your areolae that is separate in shape from the rest of the breast. Using an implant alone often accentuates this appearance. A circum-areola incision (around the areola) is necessary to fix this. I hope this helps. Good luck! Scott Newman, MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.psurgery.com

Tuberous breasts and breast augmentation

+2
Based on your photos alone, it would appear that you have a very minimal amount of breast herniation into the nipple. This would constitute a very mild or borderline case of tuberous breasts. There are much worse cases than yours that are more difficult to treat. I believe you are a good candidate for breast augmentation and the mild case you have would be easy to correct. I believe you would have an excellent result.
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

+2

Yes, based on your pictures (without the benefit of direct examination) I think you do have constricted/tuberous breasts. Some of the characteristics of your breasts that make me think so are: short distance from areola to ill-defined to inframammary folds,  “puffy” areola, wide space between the breasts.

Yes, I think you will have a very nice result  with a breast augmentation plus or minus a circumareolar reduction procedure. Correction of tuberous breast does take a bit more work than a straight forward breast augmentation surgery.  If you are bothered by the shape of the breasts, this procedure can help "round out" your breasts and decrease the space between the breasts.  The incision around  the areola  is used to decrease the “puffy” appearance.

You may find the link attached helpful. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tubularbreasts.htm