Post pregnancy and partial breastfeeding for 8 wks--are my breasts typically tuberous and am I a good candidate for BA? (photo)

I have had 1 pregnancy and breastfed partially for 8 wks. I experienced some problems with supply. Before pregnancy my nipples were much smaller and lighter, and I had no sagging or stretchmarks. My breasts are about 1.5 inches apart. I would consider a BA after I am done having children, but I want to know if my breasts are typically tuberous and would I be a good candidate for BA?

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to reshape and reposition breasts

+1

From your photographs, you do not appear to have tuberous breasts.  You would be a candidate for breast augmentation if you want to be bigger.  However, if you want your breasts higher and closer together, there is an alternate procedure called Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique will lift your breasts higher on the chest wall, increase cleavage by medial displacement and reshape your breasts.  You have to decide whether you want larger breasts or reshape your breasts and reposition them.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

+1

It does not look like you ahve tuberous breasts, but just small wide ones.  You look like a good candidate for implants. An exam in person will help guide you to the best solution for you. Good luck.

No and Yes

+1

No -- you do not have tuberous beasts and yes you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  Your breasts just look like normal small breasts after having children.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts?

+1

The good news is that you don't have tuberous breasts.  Tuberous breasts, as I am sure you are aware, are much more complicated to augment.  At this point, if you were going to get a breast augmentation, depending on the size implants you desire, you might want to consider a periareolar reduction of your nipple areolar complex.  This would also lift your breasts and give a more youthful appearance to your nipple area (Benelli mastopexy).

I routinely do this along with breast implants put in through the armpit underneath the muscle.  This would eliminate the need for a dual plane.  On the other hand, if you wanted larger implants and were not concerned about the size of your nipple areolar complex, then I would use implants through the armpit under the muscle with a minimal dual plane creation. 

Your nipples tend to go to the outside (lateral).  This can be corrected by using a high profile implant which will extend the rib cage and therefore turn the nipples to a more forward directing position. 

All that being said, if you have more children, your breasts will certainly change in configuration, and at that time, you will need an evaluation by a Board Certified plastic surgeon who is a member of both ASPS and ASAPS. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts?

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, I do not think you have tuberous breasts and I think you can expect a good result from a breast augmentation.  

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

In my opinion, your breasts do not demonstrate any of the findings associated with tuberous or constricted breasts.  However, your breasts do demonstrate typical findings associated with a young lady who has had a child. The breasts are also somewhat far apart from the midline. I think you will be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  I think with appropriate breast implant pocket dissection and careful selection of breast implants you should have a very nice result with the procedure.  Careful communication with your plastic surgeon regarding your goals will be critical preoperatively.

Tuberous breasts

+1

As you have already noted, your breasts may change more with additional pregnancies and nursing...at this time you do not have tuberous breasts and should be a good candidate for breast augmentation depending on what your goals are.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Base upon the photos in my opinion you have a very very minor component of the TUBEROUS DEFORMITY. In that regard you are stil a great candidate for implants. Seek in person evaluations. 

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Tuberous breast

There are a number of features that define a tubular breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

It does appear that you have some of these findings.

Surgery, which would probably include a breast augmentation and lift, can give a nice improvement of the breast appearance.

When you feel ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.