22 years old, would like to have breast augmentation surgery. Do I have tuberous breasts and how severe is it? (photo)

I'm a twenty two year old female and I've always known something was 'off' about my breasts, but I didn't discover tuberous breasts until about a year ago. I have a consultation set up at the end of this month, but was wondering if i do indeed have tuberous breasts and how severe it is. Ultimitely, I would like to have breast augmentation surgery but I don't want to set myself up with high hopes of having perfectly round, full breasts if it is not possible for someone like me. Thank you in advance.

Yes, you have some aspects of tuberous breasts and significant developmental asymmetry.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, you have some aspects of tuberous breasts and significant developmental asymmetry.  This can be corrected by a skilled plastic surgeon comfortable with breast augmenation and breast lift.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Good luck at your consultation. I hope this helps.

Tuberous breasts

+2

It certainly looks like you have an element of a tuberous breast and certainly improvement in their appearance can be obtained with surgery, but a formal consult is necessary.

Do I have tuberosu Breasts?

+2

Yes, you have some variant of tuberous breasts, you also have significant volume and positional asymetry. A breast augmentation with some sort of lift/areola reduction can significantly change the position and size of your breasts. I would tell you that you must be realisitc with the results and be sure to choose a PS that has experience and interest in your deformity. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Asymmetric/Tuberous Breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Yes, your breasts to demonstrate significant breast asymmetry, ptosis ("sagging"),  and some degree of constriction. Breast surgery will serve to improve the symmetry and position of the breasts on your chest wall. Breast augmentation, correction of the constriction, as well as differential breast lifting will be helpful.

Achieving a long-term stable weight ( if you are not already there) will be helpful in achieving the best results possible and will help to minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary ( in the event of weight loss in the future).

Also, it will be important for you to develop a sense of “realistic expectations” as you do your research about the surgical options available to you. It is very likely that if you wish to achieve “perfectly round, full breasts" ( without understanding the concept of realistic expectations)  that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery, no matter how well performed.

Given that your surgery is not the most forward of breast operations, I would suggest meeting with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work helping patients  with significant breast asymmetry.

Breast Asymmetry

+2

Based on your photo, it appears you have asymmetrical breasts both due to volume and shape differences.  Yes, it does appear you have a mildly constricted breast base.   Although a physical exam would be needed to make any formal recommendations, you will likely benefit from a breast augmentation (with 2 different implants to compensate for your volume difference) and some form of breast lift to correct for the asymmetry in sagging and breast shape.  Furthermore, depending on the severity of your breast constriction (which can be determined during a physical exam), you may need a release of the constriction bands.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Asymmetric tubular breast correction

+1

Hi,

Yes, you have tuberous breasts with the left being quite tuberous and the right being more of a large breast than much of tubing.  The correction of your case is not difficult but make sure you go to a breast surgeon who is very familiar with tubular breast correction.  They can be tricky for those who do not do a lot of this surgery.

You need an asymmetric breast lift with a right breast reduction trying to get the amount of tissue over the muscle to be equal.  Then, at the same time, you can have an augmentation to prevent the sloping above the nipples that will occur if you do not do the augment.  Some doctors like to separate the procedures but I do them together.  No biggie.  The choice of implant size is important so it is necessary to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  A plastic surgeon that does a lot of this kind of asymmetry will not be struggling with your case.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift treatment for Tuberous Breasts

+1

You have asymmetrical breasts with ptosis on the right and tuberous breast on the left.  You would benefit from bilateral mastopexy through circumareola approach avoiding any vertical incisions such as lollipop or boat anchor.  If you are satisfied with the size of your right breast then an implant will not be needed.  However, you will need an implant on the left side to match the right side.  The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift is a new procedure which is excellent for correcting tuberous breasts.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Yes you have asymmetry and tuberous deformity that will need a STAGED operative plan ij my opinion. 

Breast asymmetry can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

You have a sagging right breast and a tubular smaller left one.  This requires fairly sophisticated surgery ( a lollipop lift on the right, a "doughnut type" lift on the left, and different size implants).  So make sure surgeon has experience.  Ask to see before and after pictures.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)