25 years old, 116 pounds, average height, with extremely small breasts. Are they tuberous and can I correct surgically? (photo)

Hello, I'm 25, average height and 116 lbs. I thought by this time in my twenties my extremely small ( not even an a-cup) breasts would fill out. I've noticed my dark areolas as well as puffy nipples and started wondering if my small breasts were a result of a mild tuberous breast deformity. can you tell for certain from these photographs? I'd really like to have surgery to correct them. Thanks!

Not tuberous

+2

Your breasts are small and wide spaced but don't reflect a tuberous anatomy.  Breast augmentation with implants of the right width to fill in the center will make a nice change.

Not Tuberous Breasts or Abnormal

+1
Your breasts do not appear to be tuberous judging by your photos, but only a physical examination would be able to determine that for sure. Breast augmentation would help improve their size.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tuberous breasts?

+1

Based on your photos, it does not appear you have tuberous breasts.  I do see that your nipple complex is very lateralized and you may have a wider sternal bone (but a formal exam would be needed to confirm this).   If your goal is larger breasts, you should consider a breast augmentation procedure.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

?? Tuberous breasts??

+1

Tuberous breast will have some combination of the following:

• narrow base of the breast
  • tissue deficiency of the lower pole of the breast (below the nipple)
  • a breast fold that is too high
  • large or puffy areolas

Your photos show none of these issues. Your breasts are smaller than you would like, and they are more widely spaced than some, but the shape looks quite normal. 

A standard breast augmentation is in order. With an incision around the areola, the areola on each side could be brought a little closer to the center of the chest if you wished. Either way, the implant will be centered behind the nipple, and the appearance of wide apart breasts may be more apparent to you that it is now.

Tuberous breasts?

+1

Based on your photographs, it does not look like you have tuberous breasts.  A standard breast augmentation can give you more volume. Good luck.

Tuberous Breast

+1

From the pictures you do not appear to have Tuberous breast. You have small breast with a short infra mammary to nipple distance that creates a minimal lower breast fullness. But you do not have a restricted inferior breast pole fold or a high inframmary fold. Nor do you have an enlarged nipple areolar complex with herniated breast tissue. You should have a nice result if you get a breast augmentation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!!!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

No you do not have tuberous breasts. Every person has some breast asymmetry and you can expect a reasonable result from breast augmentation surgery. Good luck and please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, your breasts do not demonstrate characteristics of tuberous breast deformity.  Depending on your goals, you may be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  You may want to leave the slightly “puffy” nipple/areola complexes alone at this point.

I have attached a link demonstrating examples of tuberous breasts  that you may find helpful.

Best wishes

You do not appear to have tuberous breasts

+1

From your photos you do not appear to have tuberous breasts.  Tuberous breast deformity is usually characterized by very tight and elevated breast folds.  Your breast folds appear normal in position and shape based on your breast size.  You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation if you choose to do so.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation For Tuberous Anatomy

+1

Dear Elekktra,

Based on your photographs, you barely have breast tuberous anatomy and I believe a board certified surgeon of extensive experience will be able to provide you with commendable results through breast augmentation.

Seeking a consultation with a surgeon of ample experience will help you make a well informed decision, choosing the size and the potential outcome of your surgery.

Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing you photographs.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS