Tuberous Breasts? Are there any non surgical ways to correct this as i can not afford an operation. (photo)

I think I may have tuberous breasts but im not sure. I have wanted to get implants for as long as i can remember, if i do have a tuberous deformity would the procedure cost more than if i didnt?  Also I was wondering what causes this and if it is common?

Ptosis and Asymmetry

+1
Judging from your photos, it doesn't appear that you have tubular breasts. Your breasts are affected more by ptosis and asymmetry in size and shape. Unfortunately, there is nothing nonsurgical that is as safe or effective as cosmetic breast surgery. 

Your breasts are normal...

+1

and you can choose from many options as to just what you would like to do.  Implants will make you large and fuller.  Breast lifts or partial reductions can make your breast more symmetrical but you have to accept more scarring.  And an isolated right reduction could make you more even.  But as mentioned by everyone else, you do not have tuberous breasts. 

In may practice, I do not charge more for patients with tuberous breasts and I believe most surgeons are like that. 

Best wishes with achieving the look you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts but you do have breast ptosis, or sagging.  Also your right side sags more than your left.  If you want to be larger with iimplants, you should have a breast lift as well. This would also correct the asymmetry.  You should bear in mind, however, that although the asymmetry can be improved substantially, obtaining perfect symmetry is unlikely in any breast procedure. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts?

+1

You do not appear to have tuberous breasts, which are characterized by one or more of the following features:  "constricted" narrow-based breasts with a wide distance separating them, large areolae often low on the breast and sometimes protruding (pseudoherniation of the areola), high tight inframammary crease with a short areola to crease distance.  You have some degree of asymmetry, with one breast and nipple much lower than the other, and some sagging of the breasts, worse on one side, with excessive overhang.  You would benefit from a breast lift. If you are not interested in larger breasts or more fullness in the upper pole of the breast, then you should obtain a nice result from breast lift alone.  If you want larger breasts or more upper pole fullness, then breast implants would be required in addition to the breast lift.  Augmentation alone will NOT lift the breasts, will not give you better symmetry, and you would be left with significant asymmetry and most probably breasts that hang off the underlying implant.  There is no non-surgical treatment for breast sagging and asymmetry.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Tuberous breasts?

+1

From the posted photos, you do not have tuberous breasts, but you do have asymmetry and this may need to be addressed in surgery.

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

The photos and the other expert posters all agree you have no tuberous by ptosis with asymmetry. Seek in person evaluation from boarded PSs in your area. 

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Your photos do not demonstrate tuberous breasts. An augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy should be able to provide a reasonable result for you.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your pictures demonstrate some degree of breast ptosis (“sagging”)  and asymmetry. I do not see any evidence of tuberous breasts.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and options available. There are no nonsurgical modalities to improve your situation.

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

I would not call this a tuberous breast. You can find many definitions, including a reasonable on on wikipedia. Some deficit of tissue is present by any definition, and I see none of that in your photos.

Your breasts are not symmetric, and seem to sag some. If you choose to have a breast augmentation you may well need to have a breast lift on one or both sides to get a nice result. There are no non-surgical options that will accomplish what you want.

Good luck, best wishes.