Tuberous Breasts: How Much Does It Cost to Release the Constricted Tissue And/or Reduce the Size of my Areolas?

I don't want implants, my breasts are small and perky enough. I just want a rounder look. When my nipples are erect i think they look normal, I guess since there is less "herniation of breast tissue into the areola" I'm 18 years old and would like to know my options and what numbers I'm looking at.

Cost for addressing tuberous breasts?

+2

Tuberous breasts are most often addresed by releasing constriction of the lower pole and by placing an implant (saline/gel) to now help stretch this lower pole.  That being said, you could probably get away with glandular scoring of the lower pole along with areaolar reduction/repositioning without an implant and get very similiar results.

As for the cost, it really depends.  My suggestion is to not use price as a determining factor.  You will always find someone cheaper than the last person but that doesn't mean that they are as qualified to perform your surgery.  Look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in not only breast enhancement but also secondary revision since this type of case tends to be more challenging than a straightforward augmentation.

I hope that helps!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for tuberous breasts

+2

Tuberous breasts is not a single diagnosis but rather a range or spectrum of breasts that have certain features in common. The surgery required is dependent on the severity of the tuberous appearance. The cost is dependent on specifically what is done at surgery, the location of where the surgery is performed and the surgeon who is performing the surgery. Without even a photo it is hard to give you a price ranged for surgery. I hope price is not your first priority. You first priority should be safety, followed by results and then cost. If cost is your first priority you could end up with permanent uncorrectable problems.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tuberous breasts - cost?

+1
Hello!  The standard procedure would be placement of an implant (or tissue expander, depending on the lower pole of your breast) as well as a circumareolar breast lift.  These modalities would correct the issues with tuberous breast: constricted breast at the inferior pole, via breast prosthetic; scoring of the tissue to release the bands; lowering the inframammary fold; correcting the herniation of breast tissue into the areolae; and decreasing the overall size of the areolae.  These are the hallmarks of tuberous breasts.  

Cost will certainly vary amongst surgeons as well as geographic location.  Cost factors to consider will be surgeon fee, implant cost, facility fee, and anesthesia fee.  Since this deformity is more complex than a standard augmentation mastopexy, expect a higher cost - $8-12k would be reasonable.

Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and discuss your goals and expectations.  S/he will then be able to examine and discuss the various options and assist you in deciding which decision os the right one for you, given your desires.  I would expect a very pleasing result for you!  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Cost of Tuberous Breast Correction

+1
Without a photo it is difficult to comment accurately in your case, but in general it is difficult to correct a tuberous breast deformity without the use of an implant as part of the procedure. After release of the lower pole, the implant provides the volume needed to create a rounder shape to the breast. Performing just a periareolar mastopexy will make the areola smaller and flatter, but not change the overall appearance of the breast.

The usual cost for a complete correction of tuberous breasts is $8000-$9000 (based on severity and the amount of time needed in the operating room). That said, if all that is needed in your case is reducing the size of the areola, the total cost would be much much less.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Non implant correction options for tuberous breasts.

+1

Release can be achieved with a circumareolar approach and radial relaxing incisions in a subglandular plane with reduction of the areola. Another alternative is fat grafting as practiced by Dr. Coleman in Manhattan. Fees will range tremendously from approximately $4500 to $20,000.

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what can be offered to you to provide the best outcome. In most cases some sort of implant is usually required along with releasing the tight breast tissue and possibly treating the areola as well.

Tuberous breast costs

+1

Hi, this is very difficult to estimate without an examination to determine how much work would need to be done.  If you include the surgeon's fees, anesthesia, and operating room costs, you should set aside about $8000-10,000 for the surgery.  Keep in mind that without implants, it can sometimes be difficult to achieve an adequate shape and size to the breast.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

There is ;no set price

+1

You have some rough figures, but to know for sure you would have to be examined to see the extent of your problem.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tuberous breasts can be corrected without breast implants.

+1

Hi.

Sounds like you have a relatively mild case. Make sure your breasts have stopped changing before having surgery.

You need to add up the surgical fee plus the cost of the accredited operating room and recovery room plus the fee for the board certified anesthesiologist.  In New York City, you should be able to get safe and competent care for $10, 000.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tuberous breast correction without implants

+1

Tuberous breast come in a wide range of deformities from minor to severe, with or without drooping and with or without asymmetry.  While a combination of internal tissue release with implants will give the best correction, at the very least you would need the tissue release internally to correct the herniated breast tissue.  You could do some augmentation with fat, but this is still quite variable and very expensive.  The implants are placed to put pressure on the area released internally to keep it from healing back to its original state.

Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and then you can decide how to proceed.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon