Do I Have Tuberous Breasts? Will I Acheive the Look I'm Going For? (photo)

Planning on breast aug...I am 5'4" and125 lbs. I would like to be a large C ideally. I have seen women with similar body types as me who get breasts ~250-350cc range that i really like. i DO NOT want a really fake, stripper look. I want my breasts to look fairly natural and fit my frame. -is the look i'm going for realistic given my breast shape? -need a lift? -possible to reduce areola size? -what kind of implant would you recommend? Thank you!

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts? Will I Acheive the Look I'm Going For?

+2

Although some of the key photos are out of focus, from what I can see I would not call these breasts tuberous.

Best approach and specific advice will come from an in person exam. I suspect you will be able to try on sizers to help your surgeon suggest implant size and contour. Chances are you will be offered silicon implants placed under the muscle, and a peri-areolar reduction which might incorporate a small lift 

All the best. 

Not all breast augmentations are the same

+2

Thank you for sending your photos.  You do indeed display some features of a tuberous breast.  Specifically, the breast is narrow, there is some mild sagging of the nipple, there is some asymmetry between the two breasts and most importantly, the distance from the nipple to the fold under your breast is short.  Many of these features can be improved with breast augmentation however the surgery must be done with careful consideration of these issues.  It would be important to lengthen the distance from the nipple to the crease and possibly one should consider the use of asymmetric implants.  I would suggest seeking out a surgeon with significant experience in managing patients with tuberous breasts.  I do think that with a carefully selected approach, you could obtain an excellent result.  Sincerely, Dr. Mitchell Brown

Mitchell Brown, MD

Tuberous breast

+2

Thanks for  sharing     your pictures , in my opinion    you have  some   elements  of  tuberous  breast .Is  not  a pure   syndrome ,   but   herniation   of  nipple ,      the size  of  areola   much  bigger than  4  cm ,   a   very  short    distance     from   areola   to breast     fold ,   a very   wide distance     from    areaola  to    center  chest line  are    elements   compatible     with tubeorus   breast  ,  for  the  correction   will  be     same   treatment   as tuberous    breasts ,    wich is ,   radiation   of    all  breast  tissue   , lowering and  creating   new breast folds ,   and  breast   augmentation    with  behind  muscle  implants ,   375    cc    will  be    great   for  you !!  good luck

Cynthia Disla, MD

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. No, I do not think that your breasts demonstrate characteristics seen with tuberous breasts. I also think that you are at a great starting place to have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  r “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and photos. You do not have tuberous breasts based on these photos. Breast augmentation can give you a very nice result if done by a board certified plastic surgeon. Implant size and volume is based on your breast base dimensions, chest wall width, skin elasticity and amount of breast tissue you have. I determine the approximate volume during an in person consultation and examination. Then, I have patients try on sizers in the office to get an idea about how they might look. Although your areolae are slightly large, you do not have sagging or ptosis of the breasts. Peresonally, I would steer away from a periareolar lift with the augmentation, since this has a tendency to flatten breast projection. A cup size can be between 150-200cc, so your guess is in the right range. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+2

Your breasts have elements of constriction but are not tuberous.  Breast augmentation with areolar reduction and lift can be combined with periareolar placement to minimize scar burden.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Producing beautiful C cup breasts when beginning with tuberous breasts

+2

You have some very mild features of tuberous breasts, but I would not say that you have full blown tuberous breasts or the worst case scenario by a long shot.  Therefore, I believe that most certainly you can achieve your goals of more natural appearing C cup breasts with a breast augmentation procedure.  You have very mild constriction of your lower breast tissue together with some dilation of your areolae and some mild herniation, or puffiness, of the areolar tissue.  These things give you some tuberous features.  You also have some mild asymmetry of the breasts.  For all of these reasons I believe that you would be happiest if you had not only a breast augmentation, but also a periareolar, or "donut" mastopexy, or lift procedure along with internal release of any constricted breast tissue as needed to accommodate for the implants selected.  This would allow for correction of not only the areolar size and puffiness, but it will also allow for improvement of your asymmetry.  I would suggest silicone gel filled implants to achieve the most natural look and feel, and maybe even a shaped implant would suit you best.  Those kinds of issues are best left to decide on after a thorough in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can offer you all of these options.  With regard to size of implants, I always suggest that ladies try on sizers in the office preoperatively to get a visual reference on what each implant volume will look like on her individual body.  It would be very hard at this point to say whether a 250 or 300 cc implant would be best for you; you would just have to try them on and see which you liked best.  You may also need slightly different sized implants for the two sides to correct asymmetry too.  Pick a surgeon who has experience in dealing with these types of breast augmentations and lifts, and be sure to look at pictures of his or her results before deciding.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Desired breast augmentation results are possible!

+2

Thank you for including several photographs; although a personal examination is always better, I believe they show you do not have tuberous breasts. You do have a natural teardrop shape due to mild ptosis, a relatively short inframammary crease to nipple distance, and areolas that are quite normal in size, but perhaps larger than you like. These characteristics seem more consistent with previous childbirth and possibly breast feeding, than with tuberous breasts. You show no sign of breast base constriction, nor do you have herniation of breast tissue into the nipple areola complexes.

You also appear to be an A-cup or possibly B-cup in bra size, depending on bra manufacturer. If you want a full C look (perfectly reasonable goal BTW), 250cc will be inadequate, and may also coincidentally give you an unnaturally wide cleavage even with moderate profile implants. 350cc will add just under a cup and a half of volume to whatever you start with, so you are getting closer. I would have you bring goal photographs, perhaps try on implants in a bra and stretchy top, and then add 50-75cc to whatever you chose to accommodate for submuscular compression. You'll probably do better with 400-430cc moderate profile implants, and NO, you won't be too big!

You do NOT need a lift, and areola reduction is possible, but not worth the scarring IMHO, unless you needed a full lift anyway (you do not). You may have a slight concern with inframammary crease positioning, but that is something for your and your chosen ABPS-certified plastic surgeon to discuss. Your anatomy is not "perfect" for breast augmentation, but few women are--you can have a splendid result in the right plastic surgeon's hands.

I would recommend smooth, round (teardrop when upright, round when reclining--most natural) moderate profile cohesive silicone gel implants by any of the three US manufacturers, submuscular position with proper muscle release and implant positioning, precise technique with meticulous hemostasis, Betadine irrigation, and no-touch Keller Funnel technique. Proper follow-up and care. Compliant patient. . .

. . .Outstanding result!

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and areolar diameter reduction.

+1

From your photos, it looks like you would do well with implants and a reduction of your areolar diameter.  It would likely take several weeks for the lower part of your breasts to fill out because you look pretty tight in that area.  The other procedure you may want to consider (if you would be satisfied with one cup size increase) is fat transfer to the breast along with reduction of your areolar diameter.

Make sure you try on implants to get a good idea of what size enhances your figure.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Are these tubular?

+1

Your breasts are not tubular and the size implants you mention are a good size for your build. You do have some slight drooping of the breasts as well as asymmetry, but I think implants in the 350 cc range will give you a nice result.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD