I'm 18, and my breast have always been asymmetrical by a full cup size, give or take. Do I Have Tuberous Breast? (photo)

Im 18, and my breast have always been asymmetrical by a full cup size, give or take. My right breast is smaller, the best way to describe it is tight, almost constricted. It hasn't seemed to change at all during puberty, size and shape, while my left breast has. I know they are asymmetrical, but i want to know if my breast are normal or have some kind of deformity. I've always been self conscious of my breasts, but to shy to ask anyone.

Tuberous Breast?

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:

• Wide and puffy areolae

• widely spaced breasts
  • high breast fold
  • constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast)
  • minimal breast tissue
  • narrow base of the breast

I really see none of these as I look at the posted photos. I see asymmetric breasts that sag. There are surgical procedures that can improve the symmetry and properly position the nipples and areolas.

Options can best be reviewed in the context of a consultation with a plastic surgeon. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

It does not appear that you have Tuberous Breasts. As you stated you have asymmetric breasts.  Surgery can help you achieve better symmetry.  On the right you would need an Augmentation.  On the left you would need a combination of a lift, reduction and augmentation with a smaller implant.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

+1

Your right breast appears "constricted" as you state, at the base of the breast.   Some may say you have a mildly tuberous breast.  However, you do not fit the "textbook" definition of tuberous breasts.  You do have marked volume asymmetry and ptosis (droopiness) which can be significantly improved with surgical intervention when you are ready.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Tuberous Breast?

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts.  There is some ptosis or droop.  There is a size discrepancy, which can be improved with different sized implants, if that is what you desire.  The shape will probably require a breast lift of some variety to lift the breasts and help the shape to some extent.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Tuberous breasts come in a large variety of “shapes and sizes”. Based on your photographs, I do not think that your  breasts demonstrate any of the features seen with constricted/tuberous breasts.

However, as you mentioned, you do have significant breast asymmetry  and ptosis. At some point, you will likely be an excellent candidate for surgical "correction";  what exactly is done will depend on your specific goals.

Timing of the surgery is also a concern that should be considered.  Best to have  breast surgery done when you have achieved a long-term stable weight, if you are not there already. Life circumstances such as relationships and pregnancy plans should also be considered.

Hopefully, you will have the support of your parents/family as you do your homework. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.  You may find the attached link helpful to you.