Tuberous Breast Specialist Near St. Louis?

I am 23 years old and I have considered getting breast augmentation for several years. I always knew that my breasts looked a little different and I have always been very self conscious about them. It wasn't until after doing research that I discovered I have tuberous breasts. After looking at (mostly bad, a few good) pictures and reading HORROR stories I am getting really nervous. I am adamant about having surgery and wondering if someone could recommend a surgeon experienced with tuberous aug

+2

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Once you have selected your plastic surgeon, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful.
I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Also during this communication process, your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you as to what it may take to achieve your goals. A discussion about realistic expectations may also be in order.   You should also be informed that the need for revisionary breast surgery may be higher for you, as opposed to patients who do not start out with tuberous/constricted breasts.

I hope this, and the attached link (devoted to surgery for tuberous/constricted breasts), prove helpful.

+2

This is meant to be an educational and not promotional web site, so specific referrals do not usually appear. Best bet is to look at the listings for St Louis surgeons who do breast surgery, and to look at their web sites. and look for mention of correction of tuberous breasts. 

If you look through responses to questions about tuberous breasts on this site you may find specific references that may be useful.

All the best. 

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for tuberous breasts

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to change the size of the areola, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but this technique is ideal for tuberous breasts.  If you are satisfied with your cup size implants are not required.  However, if you want to be larger then implants can be placed simultaneously through the same incision.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts Not a Problem

+1

Having tuberous breasts is not uncommon and I see many women with them. The main problem is the short distance from the nipple to the crease.  Your crease will have to be lowered slightly.  In addition, I loosen the glandular breast tissue to allow it to slide a little lower toward the new crease. I still place the implant beneath the muscle.. You should be able to achieve a very normal result.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

There are many qualified plastic surgeons in St Louis

+1

Hi there-

There are several plastic surgeons in the St. Louis area who should be able to give you a quality result. Please see the many articles on RealSelf on how to choose a plastic surgeon.

Make sure you look at lots of photos and satisfy yourself you believe they have the talent and skill to approximate your desired result.

Good luck

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breast Specialist Near St. Louis

+1

Tuberous breast correction can be challenging. Consider Dr Leroy Young in St. Louis who is very well respected among other plastic surgeons.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS