Do I have tuberous breast deformity? (photo)

I don't want huge but for sure a big change in shape, I've always been super self conscious and never even knew that this was a possible deformity.I've always considered breast implants to correct the shape . Is there a high risk of the "double bubble" affect if I were to get breast augmentation ? Could I ever get a completely rounded shape? Thank you!!

Do I have a tuberous deformity?

+1

Yes you have a mild tuberous breast deformity. It would be difficult to produce the result shown in the first picture, a good shape could be obtained with an augmentation with some release of the tuberous contracting bands. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in tubular breasts. good luck

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Alone Should Improve Your Constriced Breast Shape

+1

Thank you for your question. You do have a very very mild constriction of your breasts but you do not have classic tuberous breast deformity(see article link below.)

Fortunately breast augmentation alone should significantly improve the shape of your breasts. I would suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is experienced at tuberous breast reconstruction. This is because during the course of your breast augmentation there are techniques available to release the constriction near the areola of your breasts and this should be done to allow the implant to improve your breast shape.

The photographs that you provide of your desired breast shape show a rather large breast augmentation. Achieving that look is going to require a very large implant ain the 500-600 cc range and I am not convinced that that option is best for you.

If you are seriously hoping to achieve a large D cup breast your surgeon may want to consider soft tissue expansion first to stretch and enlarge the breast skin envelope and breast gland before inserting such a large implant.

However if you will be happy with improved shape of your breast and a more moderate full B or average C cup then implants in the 300-400 cc range would be appropriate.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts

+1

You do have components of a tuberous breast deformity. That being said, you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon the variables of shape versus size. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

+1

You do have components of a tuberous breast but need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated for corrective surgery with implants.

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

Yes, you have a mild case of tuberous or constricted breast deformity. You would be a great candidate for cosmetic breast implants and should have nicely shaped breasts after the procedure.

Be sure to seek out an experienced plastic surgeon, one who is board certified and also has experience treating your type of breast. Ask to see some pictures as well of his or her work of other patients with your breast type.

James Bruno, DMD, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast

+1

Yes, you have a mild tuberous breast. However, you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. You will not look like the picture, but still feminine and beautiful. Make sure you pick a surgeon who knows how to deal with the subtleties of your deformity. Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Minimal

+1

Looks like you have minimal tuberous breasts. i would use a saline breast implant to make it full and round. You will be very pleased the results. Make sure to go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good Luck!

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Tuberous breast

+1

your photos do show a moderate tuberous shape. Surgery with an implant placed via a nipple incision and release of your lower breast with incisions on the inside will help. A rounded shape is possible though. Meet with a few ps in your area to see what they recommend

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS