Do I Have Tuberous Breast Deformity and Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

Hi I'm an 18yr old girl from Melbourne, Aus. I've always been very self-conscious of my breasts due to their sagginess, wide spacing and very large areola, and as a result always cover up at the beach. I've read many stories on this site and have breast lifts and tuberous breast deformity. I believe I may have both sagging and tuberous breasts. It's extremely embarrassing for me! I dont want implants, but would like to know how much a lift would cost and whether it's the procedure I require

Breast Lift Alone Should Give Tuberous Breast a Nice Result

+3

Thank you for your email. A simple Breast Lift without Breast Implants should give you a very nice result.

You do not have a full blown Tuberous Breast but rather lack of medial fullness. This is good and should make Breast Lift Surgery much easier. The Areolae may be reduced and the same time.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced at Breast Surgery.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-for-tubular-breasts-correct-tuberous-breast-deformity-2/

Breast Lift

+1

You do have tuberous breasts and your expectations need to be controlled. To go to the max you will need breast reshaping, an implant, and a lift. Either all in one or staged. If you are worried you could start with an implant and see how you like your breasts after

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your breast do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts, I think the main issue of concern in your case is breast ptosis ( “drooping”).  When your life circumstances are appropriate, you may benefit from breast surgery. Breast lifting surgery will raise the position of your breasts on your chest wall and reduce the size of the areola. If the breast size is also of concern, breast implants may be helpful as well.

One of the downside to breast lifting surgery is the resulting scars,  which can be especially bothersome to patients in your relatively young age group.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Tuberous Breast Deformity and Breast Lift

+1

Tuberous breast deformity can be improved with a breast lift.  If you have a full breast lift, there is a way to shift tissue more medially to make the space appear smaller.  However, the space will never become smaller.

Tuberous breasts and breast lift

+1

Based on your pictures, I would agree that a breast lift would be in order for you.  A breast lift would give you a perkier look to your breasts and would also decrease the diameter of your areola on each side.  It will NOT decrease the space between your breasts.  That is a function of the width of your chest bone.  The trade-off is that you would have scars on your breasts from the breast lift procedure. 

Tuberous breasts?

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

Some of these features are present, including wide spacing and large areolas, but others are not. But whatever you call it, it is what it is. 

Since there is a moderate amount of breast tissue, a breast lift alone should provide a nice improvement of the sagging and of the large areolas. Fees noted on this site are reasonable accurate for many areas in the United States. 

Thanks for your question, and for the photos you posted. Best wishes.