I Have Tuberous Breast Deformity, Am I Entitled to a Discount on Surgery? (photo)

I am 18 years old and my doctor always said it was nothing, but whilst browsing the internet yesterday I read about this condition and this set alarm bells ringing. My breasts have always had a negative impact on my self esteem. I usually wear silicon pads to cover them and they are not noticible but I still hate them.

Discounting tuberous breast deformity

+1

"Discounting" a surgery is usually done on a case-by-case basis.  In regards to your condition, this is considered a congenital deformity, and a discussion with a board-certified plastic surgeon can help you understand what insurance considers a "medically" necessary procedure.  Medical documentation of your condition, both phyiscal and psychogical will aid a surgeon in determining if an insurance company will consider this a medically necessary procedure.

Tuberous Breast Deformity

+1

Dear Lola,

Thank you for sharing a photograph and I am sorry that your breasts asymmetry has had a negative impact on your self-esteem.

However, it seems that your problem is of asymmetrical nature more than tuberous breasts.

Having insurances cover such a developmental issue tend to be hard but your best bet is to communicate with the surgeon of your choice and your insurance company.

Correcting your breasts asymmetry is a delicate procedure. So I recommend that you consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Insurance Coverage

+1

In some cases insurance will cover a reconstruction of a tubular breast deformity when you have marked amount of asymmetry.  You will have an uphill battle but you may be able to get it covered.  You could seek out a surgeon who does reconstruction primarily as that PS maybe more likely to deal with the insurance company

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and tuberous breast

+1

A tuberous breast asymmetry can be difficult to correct. I do not know of any insurance  companies that will cover this.  

Discount on tuberous breasts

+1

sometimes in the past, we have been able to get some of the costs covered by insurance companies but it is much more difficult now. Your procedure is actually more difficult to correct not easier for the surgeon. Your options are just lifting your right breast, slight reduction and lift of the right breast and augmentation and lifting of your left breast. they should end up looking much closer but they will not be twins.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

I Have Tuberous Breast Deformity, Am I Entitled to a Discount on Surgery?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo of a tuberous asymmetric deformity. But I do not understand why a discount for these surgeries. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

I am sorry regarding the negative impact that your breasts have had on your self esteem. While not an ideal photograph to make a surgical recommendation, the photograph does depict significant breast asymmetry.  Consult with 3 - 4 experienced board certified plastic surgeons as breast asymmetry is not an easy condition to resolve. This may require multiple procedures to address. I am not sure what you mean by discount. This question needs further clarification to answer.

Asymmetric breasts

+1

Your breasts are obviously very different in size and shape.  From this one photo I would not call either breast tuberous.

To correct this, depending upon your goals, I would recommend an augmentation will a silicone implant on the left, along with a breast lift on that side, and a breast reduction on the right side. Nothing will make these breasts exactly even, but that will give the best result. Expect the possibility of a touch-up procedure for best outcome.

I am not ignoring your question about a discount, but I am not sure what you mean or why you think you may be entitled to a discount.

Breast Asymmetry and 18 Years Old?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Although the picture is not ideal for evaluation, it is clear that you have significant breast asymmetry. This breast symmetry can be very disturbing to young ladies like yourself.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss treatment options.  You may find that some combination of breast reduction/lifting as well as the use of breast implants may be helpful. Much of what is recommended will depend on what your goals are.  It may be helpful for you to consider what you would like to achieve prior to meeting with the plastic surgeons.

Make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons' work  And feel comfortable that he/she has helped many patients in your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm