Are my breasts mildly Tubular or severe? What is the best procedure to correct Tuberous breasts? (photo)

what is the best procedure to correct my breasts. I have been to see a surgeon and he suggested just scoring the constricted tissue and using an implant to help reshape the breasts. My questions is can I get a good result with just this or would I need a lift (if so what type of lift would I need?) Do I have enough tissue to go under the muscle or would I need subglandular? Would there be additional cost for a lift as I have already paid for surgery?

Concerns over breast look

+1
Your breasts are not tuberous.  As for the best method to augment you, it will vary by the surgeon's ability and judgment.  You can get great results from both over and under the muscle.  A mastopexy could be done but it isn't required if you don't have to have perky.  So it really varies from surgeon to surgeon.  Make sure you  know your surgeon's revision policy in case it is needed.

Are my breasts mildly Tubular or severe? What is the best procedure to correct Tuberous breasts?

+1
IMHO your breasts are not tubular. The only criteria that you would meet for tubular or tuberous breasts are the large areolas. I would simply perform a breast augmentation. If the size of your areola does not bother you then leave them alone otherwise you could have an areolar reduction at the same time. I would suggest to insert the implants through the areola in a sub-muscular position. In your case, you could choose either saline or silicone. I am partial to silicone gels because they feel more natural. In additon, saline implants are notorious for ripling or wrinkling which could be avoided with the use of silicone.

Breast lifts are more involved, more complex, require longer operative time and it would be expected that you would need to pay more,

Always seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in performing the procedure(s) that you are contemplating. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Not tuberous

+1
You do not have tuberous breasts. You have large areola that point laterally. Implants will only magnify the differences between the two.

You do not have tubular breasts a simple breast augmentation should give you a nice result

+1
Fortunately you do not have tuberous breasts.  Your breasts are somewhat constricted in shape but very close to what I would consider normal breasts.

A standard dual plane or sub-muscular breast augmentation should give you an excellent result.  For more information on the breast augmentation procedure please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast implants and tuberous breasts

+1
Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

Your photos suggest a mild form of tuberous breasts. The usual treatment is release of the breast constriction and placement of an over-the-muscle gel implant.

A peri-areolar lift would often be done at the same time. Discuss this with your surgeon. There would be an additional fee. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on the pictures, I do think that you have a mild case of tuberous/constricted breasts.   Surgical options vary; some patients with  relatively "mild” tuberous breasts  are quite pleased with the results of breast augmentation surgery only, even though some residual wide and/or “puffy” areola persists after the breast augmentation procedure. Others, with the same anatomy will not be pleased with the residual wide/“puffy” areola  and would prefer to have an incision around the areola to correct this concern at same time as breast augmentation surgery is performed.  In regards to placement of breast implants, in my practice, I would recommend you a sub muscular (dual plane) positioning of the breast implants.

Communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon and together you will come up with the least invasive way to achieve your goals.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to tuberous/constricted breast concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.

Tuberous breast treatment

+1
Thanks for your pictures. An augmentation and lift is a good treatment for you. Whether the implant is subglandular or submuscular  depends on your exam.  Pricing and it's discussion varies among offices.    

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

A lift is a good option

+1
You have fairly severe constricted breasts and I think a lift along with a submuscular augmentation with radial scoring of the breast tissue will give you the best outcome. The tradeoff is the scar.

Munish K. Batra, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon