Tube Clogging Day of Tummy Tuck. What Do I Do?

Everything has been going fine, except I think the tubes that are supposed to drain the blood from my stomach have stopped flowing, and I don't know what I need to do.

Nonfunctioning drains- what do you do?

+1

Please call your doctor.  Often the drain can be stretched and the clog cleared.

At your doctors office , the drain can be irrigated under sterile conditions.  That always  helps restore flow.  All will be fine.

Drain tubes clotted

+1

Please call your surgeon immediately.  You should have access to a doctor or his/her nurse 24 hours/7 days a week.  They will tell you what to do.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Drainage Tubes have Clogged on day of Tummy Tuck

+1

I agree, you should have direct access to your plastic surgeon post-op or at least his nurse, please give them a call asap, do not be afraid to ask for help! good luck with your recovery.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tubes clogging day of tummy tuck

+1

I agree, you have just finished having a tummy tuck and you really need to be asking your surgeon this question.  I tell all of my patients to "strip" the drains three times per day to ensure that there are no clots in the drain. Someone from the office can probably guide you through this at home or you should go into the office to get everything checked out.  You are not on your own on this one so don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Drains clogged the day of Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are worried that your drains are not functioning, the best thing to do is to call your plastic surgeon. You are not on your own, let them help you.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon