Tummy Tuck after Tubal Ligation

Recently Had a Tubal Ligation.(general Anestesia) How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get a TT?

Timing an abdominoplasty after a tubal ligation

+2

There is no reason to wait more than a few weeks for the inflamation around your belly button to go down.  The two procedures can be done at the same time, but this involves coordinating two surgeons with busy schedules.  As long as you are healthy two general anesthetics close together is not a problem at all.  Why wait?  Now that  you've closed the door on pregnancy move back to a beach body and enjoy yourself.  I did and I have never looked back.

Tummy Tuck and Tubal Ligation

+1

You could have had a Tummy Tuck at the same time as your Tubal Ligation.  But that's in the past.  You can proceed with a tummy tuck a few weeks after your tubal procedure.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck) after tubal ligation

+1

I think that the answer to this greatly depends on you. How are you feeling after your tubal ligation and are there any complications such as unusual inflammation? While I see no medical reason for you needing to wait if everything is normal, it is always best to have surgery when you are feeling your best. If you still feel as though you are “recovering,” you may want to consider waiting a few weeks until you feel better.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Yes.  There should not be any problems.  Simultaneous surgery will certainly be cost-effective, and the incidence of an infection is very low.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Los Angeles Tummy Tuck and Tubal Ligation

+1

Excellent question. Tubal ligations can actually be performed concomitantly with tummy tucks. This needs to be pre-arranged with your plastic surgeon and gynecologist.  Given that you've already had a tubal ligation, a minimal amount of downtime is required. Perhaps a week or two. There is nothing precluding you from proceeding with the tummy tuck, assuming your tubal ligation was without incident. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Tummy tuck after (at the same time as) tubal ligation

+1

You don't have to wait long at all.  I think a few weeks should be fine. 

For those of you that are reading this, if you want to have a tubal ligation, it can be done at the same time as a tummy tuck.  Ask your plastic surgeon about coordinating the surgery with your gynecologist.

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck can be done at any time.

+1

Hi.

You actually could have had you tummy tuck together with your tubal ligation.  Now, do it whenever it is convenient.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy Tuck and Tubal Ligation

+1

Tummy Tuck after Tubal Ligation

As long as you have healed from the surgery and medically are fit for a tummy tuck, any time would be fine.  Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Tummy tuck after tubal ligation is just fine anytime.

+1

A tubal ligation is usually performed through a small incision which heals quickly. You should be able to proceed to tummy tuck soon after. However, if the tubal ligation has been performed shortly after giving birth, you may want to wait several months to allow the abdominal tissues to return to normal.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Any time

+1
As long as you are healed and have no medical issues, you can have the surgery at any time. Go for it. Good luck , it is great surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD