TUBA Augmentation. One Seems to Be Partial Under Muscle, the Other Completely. Will They Look Same? (photo)

I had a Tuba Breast Augmentation 3 months ago. One implant is high than the other. It seems that one implant could be completely under the muscle and the other partially. Is this possible? If so will the look drop and look the same or will this need to be corrected? The one that is higher, feels as if there is liquid around it, I can feel it moving around and pulling at the muscle around my arm pit.

Generally less control of breast pocket with T.U.B.A.

+2

From the photo alone it appears that one breast implant is a little too high.  Additional views of your breasts from the sides and/or an examination would be needed to determine a more accurate diagnosis of your breast asymmetry.  It may be that the muscle of the higher positioned breast implant is not released to the same degree as the other.  This can be corrected relatively easily even under local anesthesia if needed but will best be done by an incision at your breast fold.

Dr Remus Repta

TUBA Augmentation Implant Placement

+2

Hello. It is possible that one of the implants is not positioned correctly under the muscle. After only three months your breasts are still adapting to the implants. It will take at least 9-12 months for the implants to settle. If after this recovery period you still see problems you may need to consider revision surgery. If you have any concerns be sure to see your surgeon to ensure a proper recovery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

TUBA Augmentation. One Seems to Be Partial Under Muscle, the Other Completely. Will They Look Same?

+2

Your photos demonstrate the #1 complication of the TUBA technique - malpositioned implants. Thus you will need revision via an alternative technique. 

Breast Asymmetry after TUBA?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. I think that you  have a good understanding of what is causing the breast asymmetry.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is clear and the picture that you have posted. Most likely this asymmetry is related to the fact that the breast implants are in different positions on your chest wall.  For example, the left breast implant does appear to sit higher on the chest wall,  not “filling” the breast  skin envelope adequately.  Another possibility (less likely) is the early onset of encapsulation causing the  left breast implant to be in a relatively high position.

Either way, if the breast asymmetry continues,  revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to improve the breast symmetry.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon for more precise diagnosis/advice.

Asymmetry after TUBA

+2

From this photo it is clear that there is some asymmetry. What I cannot say without a pre-op photo is whether this is new or was so before your surgery.

One possible explanation is that one implant may be under and one over the pectoral muscle. If you place your hands on your hips and flex your pectoral muscle in front of a mirror without a bra or top, and if only one of the implants seems to move while doing that maneuver, that is a hint that the implants are not in the same plane .

It is also possible that the left implant hasn't dropped as much as the right yet. If you told me they both looked like the right one 2 months ago, that would seem somewhat more likely a possibility. If a secondary procedure is needed, chances are it cannot be done through the navel. 

At any rate, a visit with your surgeon should help provide and explanation and a discussion of what can be done to resolve the problem.  Best wishes.