Still Swollen Three Months After Tummy Tuck

I had my tt on April 15 , 2010 and it still swollen . So far I see little results from the tt. But how long will the swollen last. I'm a police officer so wearing my garment with my bullet proof vest is very uncomfortable. Plz any ideas

Swelling After Abdominoplasty

+2

It can take a pretty long time for all the swelling changes to occur after an abdominoplasty.  I generally tell my patients that it will be 3-6 months before everything settles, stops changing, etc.  Just be patient and it should settle down, albeit slowly.  It is probably a good idea to continue with some good compression, as this helps get rid of some of the edema and retrain the skin.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon