TT Revision? (photo)

I had a TT 6 months ago.Do I need a revision, for it seems as if I have saggy skin left over still. My mons area is saggy, I can grab skin from my lower/mid/upper stomach and in my hips as well. If I sit down the skin rolls over my legs and bunches,if I lay on my side the skin pools on the surface I am laying on. My tummy vertically in the middle almost looks like a sausage and hangs and folds if I bend over as well.I still look better, but is this as good as it gets? Different procedure? B&A inc

Timing of tummy tuck revision surgery

+2

The results may be influenced by residual swelling that should subside. I perform many tummy tuck revisions and feel that you may benefit from either liposuction or removal of some residual skin. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

TT Revision?

+1

It would be helpful to see a post-op photos that is like the pre-op one--standing, no hand int he photo, showing the whole abdomen. Proper advice will best come in the setting of a consultation, but it does seem that there is now excess tissue and that a better outcome can come with a second procedure. 

It may be that the recommendation will be for a vertical incision as well as the current one, because there is a lot of excess in the horizontal dimension that will not be addressed by simply removing more skin in the direction perpendicular to the main excess. 

Discuss with your surgeon, or seek a second opinion. 

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Skin stretch after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and the photos. There are several considerations when planning the amount of skin to resect (previous scars, distance from umbilicus to hairline, amount of skin present and quality of skin). The quality of skin is sometimes what fails to produce as good an outcome and contour as we would like. Many times the skin looks great during the surgery and for months thereafter. In someone with poor elasticity however this may begin to stretch out again. Hopefully you can be evaluated a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get a good appreciation for your options. Best of Luck

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Revision of Tummy Tuck

+1

After 6 months of healing, a tummy tuck revision can be considered to address your residual skin laxity issues and the mons area.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of these surgeries.

Revision Would Help

+1

Thank you for your qestion. Based on the preop and postop photos provided, it does appear like revision would provide further improvement. There is still significant lax skin.  If a revision is performed you should ask about a mons reduction at the same time.  Additionally, you need to know that a small vertical incision in the lower part of the abdomen will likely be necessary where the belly button is as it may not be completely resectable.  My recommendation would be a lipoabdominoplasty to address the excess skin and fat to give you a more dramatic improvment in contour. Best wishes

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Additional improvement is possible

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  It is apparent that there is residual excess skin and tissue that could be removed.  You might also benefit from additional liposuction and abdominal wall tightening.  Essentially your tummy tuck revision would be a full re-do of the tummy tuck.  I would encourage you to seek consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons and get their evaluation and opinion.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Redo TT??

+1

An examination would be very helpful but, based upon your photographs it appears that revisional cosmetic surgery could be of benefit to you. Consider obtaining a copy of your operative report from your original surgeon. Then, look in your area for a member of the ASAPS. THese Board Certified Plastic Surgeons specialize in Aesthetic or Cosmetic Surgery. Revisions of unfavorable outcomes are one of the most common surgical procedures they perform. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without seeing you and examining you that question cannot be answered. Your picture is not really giving us a real look at things as you are holding your skin.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Mini TT on the wrong patient. Beware.

+1

I would love all those patients demanding 'mini' tummy tucks, often against the advice of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, to see these pictures.  Choosing  the most appropriate procedure is not a smorgasbord that allows  patients to wander around and pick out whatever he or she wishes - often on the basis of postoperative photos of much slimmer individuals.

One does not seek out a plastic surgeon who will simply do whatever one wants regardless of his/her own judgement. One picks an individual who one can trust (on the basis of recommendation, qualifications, personality and experience). THEN ONE TAKES HIS OR HER ADVICE!

J. Brian Boyd, MD

TT Revision?

+1

Better frontal photo views would be more helpful because it appears as if you ONLY had an extended mini TT??? I see no scar in umbilicus that is why I state that. If I am correct you had the wrong operation. If you truly had a FULL TT than the surgeon was very conservative in the resection.