2 Weeks After TT Drain Still out Putting 75cc a Day of Dark Red Blood, What Is Going On?

TT 2.5 weeks ago and still draining dark red blood at 75 CC a day. I have no lumps or fluid retention from what my PS can see or feel and had no muscle tightening or liposuction. The dark red output has taken place from day 2 and not changed in color or output. I might add I found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant as well which would had made me 3.5 weeks at surgery. I had no knowledge of the pregnancy. What could be going on and what would be a realistic resolution? Thank you.

Draining Dark Red Blood 2 weeks out from surgery

+1

I have had patients with drainage lasting out beyond two weeks in the past. Most patients get their drains out somewhere between 1-2 weeks but there are those who take a little longer. If the blood is looking thinner and lighter, it is a sign that the body is sealing up all of the cut blood vessels. Dark blood is usually seen the first 3-5 days after surgery. Without swelling and an apparent localized collection of fluid under the skin I would continue to drain until the volume decreases more. Your surgeon should be able to advise you of why he thinks this is happening. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com