VERY Swollen 5 Months After Tummy Tuck: Should I Be Worried?

My Dr. did plication. Not the normal down the middle she did up and down to both sides to give me a smaller waist. This was 21 weeks ago. I am very swollen. More swollen now than two months ago. I am in regular contact with my Dr. and she keeps telling me every thing is ok, its normal to be swollen at 5 months. Could I be having a reaction to the stitches? I am considering having the stitches removed. I am very worried that something is wrong and she wont admit it.

Persistent abdominal fullness after tummy tuck

+1

Knowing your height and weight would be helpful in determining if this is associated with visceral fatty collections. IF you have questions ior doubt your surgeons assessment, you could consider diagnostic imaging but you may be responsible for the fees associated with this. I would consider this prior to having stitches removed.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/