Do I Need a TT or Mini TT? Or Jus Lipo? (Photos)

I have had 2 kids and i have a few stretch marks scattered around my belly button lower tummy and sides. It looks fine until i bend and then it looks as if it hangs or sags... Will my skin reattach to my abdominal wall or will it sag if i just get lipo? I am going to be getting a BBL in a year and a half.. I don't exercise or diet

Tummy tuck with abdominal repair

+2

I would strongly recommend a tummy tuck with abdominal repair since you already had a couple of kids. The results of a liposuction in your specific case are limited. For even better results, a brazillian buttock lift with liposuction of flanks and waist can give you that hour-glass shape. 

Body Contouring

+2

Thank you for photographs.  You question is difficult to answer without an examination.  Your photos may indicate that liposuction could be helpful.  Consult with a BC PS to get your best recommendation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Do I Need a TT or Mini TT? Or Just Lipo?

+2

I would encourage you to have the liposuction of the abdomen, sides, and back with Brazilian buttlift first.  Then, the tummy tuck can be performed.  More skin can be taken from the tummy after liposuction.  Another alternative would be to have the tummy tuck and Brazilian buttlift performed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Surgery

+1

i would get the BBL first and then wait and have the excesss skin removed after the abdominal wall has healed from the lipo

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck or liposuction

+1

In short liposuction reduces fat, sutures tighten muscle, and a tummy tuck removes excess skin.  If the problem is excess fat then liposuction will fix the problem, but it will not tighten what may be stretched muscle below the belly button. Liposuction will allow some skin tightening but will not tighten the skin like a tummy tuck.

Think about the result you want and then get expert advice to help choose the right tool to do the job.

Best of luck

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a TT or Mini TT? Or Jus Lipo?

+1

Always is much better physical evaluation, but with the pictures you are a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck, Liposuction hole back, waist and Fat grafting to buttock. I think is much better a Tummy Tuck than a Liposuction because after two babies usually patients has muscle weakness (Diastasis recti) this can be repair just Tummy Tuck and also the extra skin.

Walkiris Robles, MD

+1

Only an in person exam can give a proper answer. Based on the photos there is too much skin excess for a nice outcome with liposuction--expect overhanging skin to be worse. 

That leaves TT, and full rather than mini would be the better option, as is usually the case. In terms of the Brazillian butt lift, discuss the timing with your surgeon. If you do the TT first at a separate stage, you will be losing a lot of graftable fat that you may wish you had available, so doing that procedure first may make sense. All the best .

Lipo? TT? or Mini-TT?

+1

First I would make sure you are at a steady weight that is realistic for you to maintain and then I would recommend a full TT with liposuction to your flanks/waist/back for contouring.  Not many people are true candidates for a mini-TT and although the scar is longer, most benefit from a full TT with liposuction.  After two kids, you may have a degree of diastasis and need muscle tightening, also achieved with the full TT, lipo will not help.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Options for sagging abdominal tissues and stretch marks after children

+1

While nothing here substitutes for an actual physical examination in consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, based upon your appearance in the photos you have posted, I would recommend that you undergo a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the upper abdomen and flanks.  You have laxity of the upper abdominal tissues, and therefore a mini-tummy tuck won't do, and you have diffuse laxity and stretch marks of all tissues, including the abdominal muscles, and therefore, liposuction won't do.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Mini tummy tuck is a seldom indicated operation.

+1

I don't think you mini tummy tuck will do you much good. A full abdominoplasty will give you the best aesthetic result. Liposuction would flatten the abdomen and might please you if you understand the limitations of the procedure.