TT or Just Liposuction? (Photos)

Good afternoon Doctors and I really appreciate you took the time to read and answer my question. I really dream to have a flat abdomen. I like when I gain a little weight because I get breast&bottom but when I dress up if I don't wear a corset my stomach is huge 1) in order for me to obtain a flat abdomen according to my actual pics will I benefit the most from TT or a very aggressive lipo will be sufficient ? 2) if TT is the solution do I have enough skin above BB to get a very low incision?

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

+3

Based on the photos I will definitely encourage you to do a tummy tuck with liposuction to the hip roll region. You can already see from he photos that there is a moderate contour deformity of the upper abdomen with what appears to be some cellulite. Lipo will only make this appearance worse. In addition, with the tummy tuck, the rectus muscles will be plicated creating a natural corsette of the abdominal wall so that you no longer have to strap yourself into an external garment to hold your tummy in.

You have plenty of distance from your belly botton tthe bottom of your breast bone and a tummy tuck should be easy to perform. Over the past 27 years of my cosmetic surgery  private practice I have performed countless tummy tucks and feel very confident that the indicated procedure is that of a tummy tuck with some contouring of the hips with liposculpture.

Any estriae any hernia ,and any another pregnancy would justify to avoid doing an abdominoplasty

+3

lyposuction would be justified if do not exsists, any hernia, any estria and any future pregnancy that is your case, i would rather choose a lyposculpture with  ultrasonic equipment to avoid  scars.

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+2

Sounds like you will need a tummy tuck to get a flat abdomen. If I read this correctly you like to carry around a few extra pounds because of the affect it has on your breasts and bottom.  Liposuction will decrease the subcutaneous fat layer but not give you a tight abdomen. You will look better in clothes but have lax skin.  You also have a small overhang that will probably not get better with liposuction.  You look like you have enough skin for a low transverse incision and minimal chance of having a short vertical umbilical scar

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

You need to be seen first

+2

Depending on the quality of your skin, it depends on what you need. Perhaps only lipo, but if your muscles are stretched out or you have extra skin, a tummy tuck would be needed.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Should I ger liposuction or a tummy tuck?

+2

Deciding which procedure is needed, a tummy tuck or liposuction can be best be made at time of consultation when the skin tone can be adequately assessed as well as any muscle weakness and/or hernia Reviewing your photo suggests that liposuction may me quite helpful, even if it it's less than optimal compared to a TT. If liposuction is a possibilty  there are many advantages including: very small scars, shorter surgical procedure, faster recuperation, less complications, no contraindication to future pregnacies and is also cheaper. But you really need to bes seen by a Board Certified plastic surgeon whom you are comfortable with to discuss these 2 options. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Abdominal contouring options

+2

Although a formal physical exam would be needed to make any formal recommendations, based on your photos, I think you would most likely benefit from a tummy tuck and lipo of your waist.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing between liposuction and tummy tuck surgery

+2

Both liposuction and a tummy tuck are viable options.  An examination and full consultation will help you decide based on the improvements desired in terms of your abdominal muscles. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

TT or Just Liposuction? (Photos)

+2

A full tummy tuck will give you the best result especially if your muscles are bulging

However newer techniques with liposuction are very eccective an will certainly reduce the bulk

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty vs. liposuction

+2

If you see 10 surgeons you are going to get 10 different opinions. Your posted photos show excess skin and fat below the level of the belly button but not much excess skin or fat above the level of the belly button. That means if you make a low horizontal incision and another around the belly button and then pull the skin downward the belly button hole will not reach the horizontal incision. If you go for the tummy tuck you will either have to go for a mini-tummy tuck that just removes the lower abdominal skin or have the standard full one but end up with a vertical scar above the horizontal one.

The muscles also look loose so if you really want a flat abdomen you will need to get suture tightening of those muscles. That is best done with the standard full abdominoplasty. Liposuction alone or mini-tummy tucks do not do that.

If someone offers you aggressive or other types of liposuction to shrink this degree of excess skin you need to be very careful. If they are too aggressive, burn the deeper tissues with lasers etc. you can lose blood supply to that skin and end up with a disaster. Skin cannot survive without blood supply.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD