Do I Need a TT or Lipo to the Stomach? (photo)

I'm getting a BBL and I'm not sure if I will need a tummy tuck or lipo. I'm currently 210 and will loose 50 pounds before the surgery. I've narrowed it down to 2 doctors and the dr. I will finally selcet will be based on if a TT is needed. PLEASE give your professional opinion. I would like to make a decision very soon so I can confirm a date. Thanks.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

SweetStarr, I am glad you are doing your homework prior to selecting your plastic surgeon. I also agree with your weight loss plan. The truth is that your body may change after the weight loss and you will need a reevaluation prior to your BBL. Many patients wait about 6 months after lipo and BBL to see if they still need skin resection with mini-tuck, full tuck or no surgery. The best way to get the best professional opinion is to visit your plastic surgeon. Many of our patients have done this and are very satisfied with the staged option. Whoever you choose should be a board certified plastic surgeon who listens and understands your needs and concerns.

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps..

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

TT or Lipo to the Stomach

+1

Reach your target weight first, and then a physical examination and consult will be able to determine the appropriate procedure or combination of procedures. You will probably need a tummy tuck, but you will not know the extent of the loose skin until you are at the target weight.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Do I Need a TT or Lipo to the Stomach?

+1

Neither option is good until you lose the weight. Then get evaluated at that time. I suspect a full TT will be the answer.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo?

+1

You should consider no surgery until you have finished your weight loss.  From the photo you sent, it appears you already have excess skin of the abdomen.  This will only become more evident with weight loss.  See a plastic surgeon when your weight loss is almost complete for an evaluation.  My guess is that you will need the tummy tuck.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Body-contouring surgery

+1

Body-contouring surgery is ideally performed when a patient has achieved the highest level of fitness which includes a healthy and stable lifestyle of physical activity, exercise routine, and healthy diet. Once you have achieved and sustained that lifestyle, then an appropriate assessment of your surgical options would be possible. Prior to that, any recommendation or attempt as surgery would be ill-advised. Severe risks occur when body-contouring surgery, especially lifts and aggressive liposuction, is performed on inappropriate patient or is poorly-timed.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Buttock Augmentation

+1

With any surgery, it is best to be at your goal weight before deciding to proceed with any procedure. Looking at the photos, you are a great candidate for a buttock augmentation/fat transfer. I would recommend doing total body liposuction and using the fat to inject to the buttock area. Your abdominal skin seems to be in good condition although we do not know how the skin will look after weight loss.

6 months after the buttock augmentation, you could revisit with your plastic surgeon to determine if a tummy tuck is needed. Some patients do not need a tummy tuck after their buttock augmentation because their skin shrinks up and patients are happy with their shape.

If you decide to choose the tummy tuck first, you may not have enough fat to transfer in the future for the buttock augmentation. I would recommend getting several different opinions and examinations before making a decision. Good luck and I hope this was helpful. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1
If you intend to lose 50 more pounds, then now is not the time to raw any conclusions as to which surgery you will need. You should revisit both doctors, and this issue, when you are within 15 lbs of your desired weight. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD