I had a tt with lipo 1 month ago, I'm disappointed. My sides still look bulging ... Should the ps fix this? (photo)

I lost 105 lbs.... I went for skin removal of back arms and stomach. She advised I can't get all done at once. Decided to start with tummy tuck. She said my waist was small and she would get rid of dog ears and make it smooth with lipo.... But my sides look just the same to me! She keeps sayings I'm just swollen, but I hate my results so far.... And was it true that I couldn't get everything done at once?

I had a tt with lipo 1 month ago, I'm disappointed. My sides still look bulging ... Should the ps fix this?

+1

WOW! The change is dramatic! Yes you have residual flank fat and skin but "rome was not built in one day". You needed to be aware that a secondary survey might be needed. And it is in your case..

It just takes some time

+1

The final result might take from 6-8 months , the swelling is normal and expected after such a short time, be patient and I know its uncofortable now but In just a few more months it will be worth it.

Jonathan Fisher, MD

+1

Based on your pictures, you seem to have a great result. Swelling and skin changes can take months to improve so wait until 6 months have passed and then re-evaluate.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

I am sorry to hear you are not pleased, but, even if you did not have significant swelling still, I would be ecstatic with your result which is excellent. Your results, however, should improve further over the next 2-8 months as the swelling resolves more. As for your other question, the only place to get all of what you desire at one time is at a center that specializes in such and has several surgeons who can operate together. This still raises the risks and possible complications of the surgery. Because of this, almost everyone does these procedures separately. It is probably fortunate also that you did only the procedure with the most hidden scar, as, since you are unhappy with this result, you would probably hate the results from the other procedures. We, as plastic surgeons can make spectacular changes, but, once your skin has been stretched from being overweight, we cannot return it to its original condition. We cannot do scarless surgery and, because of the way different people heal, there is no way we can achieve perfect results. Trust your surgeon. She appears quite competent.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Sorry to hear you're not happy. There is still a lot of swelling. Be patient. It can take 6-8 months to see the final result.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon