TT Incision Opening? (photo)

I had a TT & Lipo on 11/2 , drain removed 11/12, seroma aspirated 50cc on 11/16 and my incision opened on 11/15. PS said keep it clean and place gauze over it. I am really worried!

Your tummy tuck incision will heal with proper wound care

+1

Thank you for your question. Please follow the advice of the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery and do not take advice on the Internet.

From your photographs you have a slight separation of the wound edges. However if the incision is Clean and treated appropriately you should heal without a problem. However it is important to be followed by your plastic surgeon as giving an opinion based on a photograph is not possible.

Tummy Tuck and Lipo with Incision Opening

+1

Tummy Tuck incisions sometimes need to be opened and allowed to heal from the inside out, particularly in cases of recurrent seroma or wound infection.  These openings usually contract, and the scar can end up very good despite the early issues.

Incision Line Healing Problem after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Although some anxiety is to be expected, the superficial incision line healing problems that are experiencing are not infrequently seen after tummy tuck surgery. The vast majority of patients go on to heal without long-term sequelae and without detracting from the final results aesthetically.

Keep in mind that (often) several aspirations of a seroma may be necessary.

Continue to keep close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

TT Incision Opening?

+1

Sounds like you are receiving good post operative care from your surgeon of record. Continue this path. 

Opening

+1

healing problems can happen after tummy tucks. Just maintain your post operative visits and you will heal.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Incision Open

+1

Based on the picture, this looks like a very minor wound separation and should heal without a problem. Follow your surgeons advice. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

It sounds like your PS and taking care of the situation make sure you follow his advice. Keep it clean. Dont worry it will heal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS