Can a Tt Help with Abdominal Muscle Weakness?

I have alot of loose skin from pregnancy and have had some surgeries that have caused scar tissue. I was curious if a tt would help because i have a hard time doing sit ups and making waist measurements for the military which means i could loose my job is it possible that a tt can help with this? I have been in physical therapy for a year and work out religously but i still have a hard time with my stomach and stomach muscles.

Tummy Tuck with Mesh strengthens abdominal wall by Starling's Law

+1

Abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement is a technique that is used to increase the muscles strength by the principle of the Starling Law.  The abdominal muscles are shortened, which increases their mechanical strength.  There are recently published articles in Plastic and Reconstructive Journal describing this technique.  You may be a candidate for this procedure.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tight abdomen

+1

Dear sjbj2005,

It sound from your description that tummy tuck will help you to achieve your goals and hopefully, you will not lose your job.  The tummy tuck procedure involves tightening of the muscles with permanent sutures,  so that the gap between the muscles is eliminated  and any muscle laxity of the upper or lower abdomen is taken care too. These manoeuvers , flatens the abdomen and narrows the waists. Additionaly, the skin is pulled down and tightened. The excess skin is being removed and if your scars are in the lower abdomen they will be gone too. There is a good chance that you will lose a good amount of weight due to the muscle tightening that will reduce your hunger and the amount of food that you can eat. Make sure to select an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Best of luck

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and the military

+1

I am familiar with your plight regarding the demands of military life.  An abdominoplasty will tighten the abdominal muscles but will not strengthen them.  It may take eight to twelve weeks for you to reach the level of muscle strength from before surgery.  The operation will help with the measurements and may make your work out more efficient.  Good luck and thank you for your service.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck can tighten muscle and remove loose skin

+1
The abdominal musculature can be tightened during a full tummy tuck. The procedure will also remove loose skin and produce a flatter abdomen. Operating in a "non-virgin" abdomen, meaning one that has already undergone surgery, is more challenging but certainly common for plastic surgeons.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Can a tummy tuck tighten the muscles

+1

Thank you for your question. Following pregnancies or abdominal surgeries, the muscles of the abdomen often lose their tone and become separated. This can create laxity, a lower belly "pouch", and a loss of your waistline. Diet and exercise cannot improve this. During a tummy tuck, the abdominal muscles can be brought back together and tightened. This will create a flat foundation for the abdomen that the skin can be tightened over. The muscle tightening, or plication, will restore your waistline and can often improve your core strength. 

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

A tummy tuck would get rid of your excess skin and repair whatever muscle damage you have. It will synch your waist up and give a smaller waist line.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS