How Soon After TT Can I Get Lipo to Love Handles?

I had a TT on 2/15/12. I didn't have any lipo done. The front of my stomach is flat and my love handles are fat. I am thinking of getting them lipo. How soon can that be done. I am still recovering from the tummy tuck. I am doing ok.

Liposuction can be performed with a tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction can be performed with a tummy tuck.  I encourage patients to do this at the same time if they are good candidates and will benefit from it.

If you did not have liposuction performed at the same time then you need to wait a minimum of 3 months before liposuction can be performed.  This allows your body time to resolve the firm scar tissue, and also allows you to recover so that the liposuction will be better tolerated.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after abdominoplasty

+1

While I often combine liposuction of the flanks with liposuction in selected patients if you plan on having liposuction of the flanks as a secondary procedure it would be beneficial to allow the swelling from the abdominoplasty ot subside prior to having the liposuction this would typically take around 4 months. 

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your inquiry. I would wait at least three months to let all the tissue heal and settle.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Lipo after a tummy tuck

+1

At this point, I would give it time for the areas to heal.  Waiting 3-4 months probably will be enough time to re-evaluate your concerns and undergo liposuction of the desired areas.

Timing of staged body contouring

+1

I recommend waiting atleast 3 months in order to minimize your risk of post op deep vein thrombosis  and pulmonary embolism(blood clots). It also gives a period if recovery following a tummy tuck. 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Wait at least 3 months after tummy tuck before getting liposuction in adjacent areas.

+1

I would recommend waiting at least 3 months after tummy tuck before getting the flanks or hips liposuctioned.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

LIposuction of love handles after tummy tuck

+1
I suggest that you wait between 3-6 monhts to allow the abdomen to settle down in order to achieve the best possible cosmetic results.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction of Flanks after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I would suggest that you wait at least 3 to 6 months before making any decisions regarding the need for further surgery. Discuss your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon to determine if liposuction or lipectomy (extension of the tummy tuck excision)  will be indicated to achieve your goals.

For some patients, if liposuctioning  is done (without skin excision)  the “muffin top” area will still be troublesome ( especially in low riding jeans).

Again, clear communication of your goals and options will be critical.