I've had TT and lipo, 2 months ago. When I take off my garment, sides are VERY sore. Is this normal? (Photo)

Feeling sore 2 months after surgery

I've had TT and lipo, 2 months ago. When I take off my garment, sides are VERY sore. Is this normal?

+2
Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Based on the limited photograph, it seems like you have a very nice outcome. Yes, some residual swelling/soreness can still be present 2 months after the procedure was performed.  I tell my patients that it may take 6 months to one year to see the final outcome of the procedure performed. Of course, your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate information and/or reassurance. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck soreness

+1
As it has been mentioned already swelling and soreness can be prolonged depending on the technique or combination of techniques used.  Your abdomen looks very good.  Be patient and follow up with your surgeon.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS