TT and Lipo with Fibro Pain? (photo)

Hello, I have two questions, 1. I have fybromyalgia and hip and back pain. Will my recovery be more painful? 2. In the long run, will my fybro improve as a result of stomach muscle repair and not having excess tissue over my hips and lower back?

TT and Lipo with Fibro Pain?

+1

Very hard to answer if your fibromyalgia pain can/will improve with cosmetic surgery. If you expect the pain to be present and take appropriate measures to have pain control. As for improvement of the fibro. pain I believe you can achieve "some" relief.Best to you.  

Hello

+1

If you’re suffering from frybromalgia the recovery can be a little more for you then a person that has no health issues. Will it help, we don’t think so. It will make your life more enjoyable removing excess weight.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

TT and Lipo in Patient with Fibromyalgia

+1

As a general rule patients who commit to surgery with chronic pain or more likely to have postoperative pain. this may be further complicated if you are already regularly taking pain medication for your hip and back. One thing that might be helpful and worth discussing her surgeon is the use of a postoperative pain pump for the tummy tuck. This can deliver regular flow of local anesthetic and reduce her discomfort and reduce the need for other pain medicines.

It seems unlikely that your fibromyalgia symptoms will improve as a result of the proposed surgery. Further weight loss on the other hand is likely to result in some improvement.

Thank you for requesting reattached photographs. Best wishes.