Should I Trust the Same Surgeon to Do Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had my first rhinoplasty almost exactly a year ago and started to notice some flaws at about a few weeks to a month after the procedure. As swelling has gone down it has, of course, gotten worse. I did notice in pictures that I had a minor imperfection before the surgery but now it is very noticeable in the tip of my nose. My doctor has offered to do a revision without the surgical costs because he wasn't satisfied with the results either. I'm confused as to what to do.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Tough noses sometimes need revision. Most surgeons report a 5-15% revision rate. As for who to do it, that is up to you.  A second opinion may be worth looking into.

Should the original surgeon do the revision rhinoplasty?

+1

This answer requires a judgement by the patient. There are many questions to be answered which influence your final decision. Do you still have a good relationship with the surgeon? Do you sense the surgeon feels confident? Is your surgeon a locally recognized revision expert? Are the areas to improve due to poor technique or due to the healing process? Please notice I haven't mentioned money. This is often a factor, but shouldn't be. Like most surgeries, your best chance is your first. So if your second surgery also fails, your chance of finally getting the nose your want, or even will be satisfied with, is usually low by this point. Therefore although your first surgeon will usually reduce or wave his/her fee, as much as it's difficult, don't allow this to influence your decision.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty by Original Surgeon

+1

You had challenging nose best done by an experienced surgeon before the surgery. Having said that, you now have multiple problems that should be evaluated and corrected by a revision rhinoplasty specialist. You made it clear that there are financial considerations but I strongly recommend that you get a second opinion before making any decisions.

Unhappy rhinoplasty results.

+1

Definitely get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty  experienced surgeon. Your tip is I adequately supported and asymmetrical etc. all of these can be reversed to give you a very attractive nose. 

It may be helpful to get a 2nd opinion regarding Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have a droopy tip, and your lower bridge just above your tip is too high. Some might refer to this as a "polybeak". Your tip is also asymmetrical on your front view.

Revision Rhinoplasty is never easy, and is arguably the most challenging facial plastic surgical procedure. So in that regard, get a second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same Surgeon For Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Revision Rhinoplasty surgery takes an expert surgeon who has a lot of experience in this field. With the problems that have arisen from your primary procedure you still need some signifigant changes to improve the shape of your nose. I would seek a few second opiniopns discuss with those specialists what they would do to improve your current situation. I would then speak with your original surgeon and see if he is on the same page? You may want to see someone who has an imaging computer to discuss the proper aesthetics desired, this will allow you to see the proposed surgical result prior to surgery. Remeber three times in a not a charm in Rhinoplasty surgery so choose wisely, be well informed. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Same Surgeon for Revision Rhino?

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you had a challenging nose, but there is still significant reshaping to be performed on your nose. Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging surgeries performed by plastic surgeons, and you should ensure that your doctor has significant experience in this. It is possible that you will need additional cartialge grafts as well to get the best result. See several surgeons to get a better feel for the next procedure before you decide. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Rhinoplasty revision can be trickier than the original surgery. If you did your homework and chose the best possible surgeon for you, then you should allow him/her to care for you at the best of his/her ability.