Should I Trust the Same Ps for Revision Rhino? (photo)

about 7 months started noticing changes in my nose ps advised me I had a slight depression on one side of my nose.the depression collapsed in more and it appears I have an inverted v on one side of my nose.I am looking into having a revision done.ps said that the depression could be because of the healing process everyone heals differently and that the graft may have shifted. Is this normal? Can even a skilled and qualified surgeon make these kinds of mistakes? I loved my nose in the beginning.

Should I Trust the Same Ps for Revision Rhino?

+1

First of all, it is true that healing is never perfect.  In addition, osteotomies alone will improve the look of your nose.  It is impossible to assess a true inverted V deformity from these views alone.  You may not need any reconstruction of the middle third of your nose.  These maneuvers are not particularly difficult even in a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Trust Surgeon for Revision Rrhinoplasty?

+1

You obviously have some doubts about your surgical result. After talking to your surgeon I suggest you get a second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Trusting the first surgeon for a revision

+1

Plastic surgeons, like all people are not perfect. Add to that the fact that rhinoplasty is a very difficult operation and the fact that even when everything is done well, they result may be less than perfect. Now, should you trust your surgeon? Well, I think you should have a frank conversation with him and ask him if he feels comfortable doing the procedure and if he has experience doing these types of revisions. If he gives you the correct answers and you feel good about it, trust him. Your gut instinct is usually right.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon